vvti issues on a 1jzgte vvti

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

vvti issues on a 1jzgte vvti

Post by joooeone »

hello every one first off all here is my setup im runing a ms3x on a 1jzgte vvti full sequential fuel and cop spark also sequential im running lq9 coils with it ever since i did the swap from oem wasted spark coils and the igniter ive had the problem with my vvti ive chose to run it off and fix it later on know that im getting ready to dyno tune it i will like to fix these issue,my first idea about why is my vvti not working was that the coils are creating a lot of interference has the cam is really near to the coils about 3 to 4 inches close what i did was made the cam wiring shielded but that dint fix my vvti issue next was to play with the vvti setting still no luck its just showing error do i have to shield the actual vvti cables? now im running a old code on my ecu that its working perfect for me has i dont want to change it to a newer version my question is why my vvti was working perfect with the same old code and oem coils and know with the lq9 coils is not working even tho the cam is shielded? i will post a current tune and data log
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: vvti issues on a 1jzgte vvti

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'm seeing a good VVT angle read, so I doubt it's noise interference - you can check for that on a composite logger; you should be seeing three teeth on the cam for every two missing teeth on the crank.

The MSQ posted has VVT turned off; can you post the MSQ that actually goes with the data log?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joooeone »

yes sorry about that here is the msq...... how come my vvti duty is really spiky? could that be the cause of my issue? i mean if the duty is bad thats the signal that send to the ms3x to move the solenoid and that could be the reason is no steady

Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Try more integral gain and less proportional gain; the proportional gain will not close on timing on its own, and there's very little integral gain to help it do this.
joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joooeone »

its been 2 todays and trying to play with the intergral gain and proportional gain still no luck i do notice change in the vvti how it moves but still no steady signals here is the datalog and the currennt msq any help i dont know what else to do
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Try turning off the hold value.
joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joooeone »

hello matt i follow your step exactly like you told me did a datalog with less proportional gain and more integral gainand still not steady i also did a composite log just incase something weird is happening also try some setting that i found in the forum will still no steady readings i posted the datalog current tune and composite log hope it helps
joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joooeone »

these are some options that i used like a mentioned it did got more steady but it still fluctuates

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... id#p388325

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... id#p299793
joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joooeone »

ok went and did more data logs in test mode pid set at 0% min and max agle set at 0 the rest of the test i can upload them because they are to big can i send them to your email? another thing sorry for asking to much question but im a newb when it comes to these ive been using settings from other ppl like gross polluter actually gross polluter set up my vvti the first time and like i said at the beginning vvti was working well before the cop and now after the cop it started working really weird sorry for not mentioning i also turn off old value
joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joooeone »

*hold value
joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joooeone »

i did some more test and play with the pid it seams that the angle got steadier in higher rpms and the duty as well got steadier but in idle its still spiky
busher06
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by busher06 »

Just a thought. Oil pressure at low engine speed?
joooeone
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by joooeone »

dont thinks so it was working when i had the oem coils plus moving the solenoid on test mode when i apply duty to the vvt it get steady
Rusty
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Rusty »

Hi Joooeone!

I have My 1JZGTE VVTI Running pretty good I am now Trying to work out the VVTI How did you solve your VVTI issues?

Rusty
TR6.JPG
Ajayyzx3
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Ajayyzx3 »

Hey guys
Sorry to revive and old thread and jack it ;P i just had a quick question.
My 1jzvvti on MS3x when ever its turned over it seems like its running on 4 cylinders, I shaved 2 teeth of my Cam angle wheel so the sensor only picks up one.
My tuner thinks its the wiring to the OEM wasted spark. Does anyone have a diagram of how this should be wired? Also when it turns over car wont rev passed 1500-2000 without cutting off like if it was in limp mode.

Thanks in advance!