Load issues with Firmware

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Trump
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Load issues with Firmware

Post by Trump »

I have been running an MS3X for about 2 years without issue. Just upgraded engine to multi throttle and IBT control. I had a problem with my TPS and as part of my investigations I decided to upgrade to the latest firmware. I had been running 1.1.2 Signature 0238.003. I loaded 1.3.1 with signature 0435.05. loading was completed without issue. Then my problems really started.
First I noticed that TS reverted back to an older set.(It had fewer options, eg only one advanced engine tab. I am running TS MSv2.6.01

After some comms issues I found I could not communicate with the ECU with TS, either through New Project or Communications tab. Not sure of the cause I attempted to reload the firmware but no luck. The loader could not communicate with the ECU. I tried a USB, serial, and BT connection. BT had been my normal mode of comms. The ECU was powered up and functioning.

Where do I go from here??
Triumph TR3A. MS3X, IBT, Fully Sequential Injection, Wasted spark, 60-2 crank wheel.
Trump
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Load issues with Firmware

Post by Trump »

Remembered from some document that you may need to use a boot jumper if software is corrupted. Tried that and new firmware loaded fine.

Opened new project and loaded old tune that was working OK. Worked through all the settings but was unable to get the temp units to read Celsius. Set C in both Project setting and Generic Sensor Input but gauges still read F. How do I set the temp units to C??.
Triumph TR3A. MS3X, IBT, Fully Sequential Injection, Wasted spark, 60-2 crank wheel.