Fuel Pump PWM Control

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Fuel Pump PWM Control

Post by hardline »

That is the factory 3 wire sensor that Madhu specifies.
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
old guy
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by old guy »

Thanks for the info. When I looked at the picture of the Ford sensor I thought that the nipple on the sensor was for the fuel input, not vacuum. I didn't realize it was a fuel rail mounted sensor.

dontz125

I guess from your comment that the Ford sensor is rather expensive. What sensor are you planning on using that is pressure compensated and relatively inexpensive.
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

These sensors rarely fail. Mine is the 14 year original sensor. You can nab these in the junkyard for dirt cheap, and they are very common. Every Ford returnless fuel car and truck has one.
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

"I wouldn't buy it with my money" because I wasn't sure that it was correct. I am using his firmware, unchanged, so any Ford / Bosch sensor listed on his site or an equivalent.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

I used to run a Madhu controller, but MS3 has just about the same response time as the Madhu did.
goodysgotacuda
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by goodysgotacuda »

Bumping the thread.

I am interested in implementing that Ford FPDM mentioned in this thread and was looking to see if anyone else had done it?

I would be using a CTS-V fuel pump/module and was looking for a little more detailed information in regards to the resistor "hardline" mentioned for stepping up the signal to the Ford module. Where would it go? Any screen shots for setup that you could share?
1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - 5.7L Hemi w/T56 Magnum

MS3 Gold Box, TunerStudio MS/MegaLogViewerHD user