rpm cutout and rev limiter issue

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

klork
MS/Extra Newbie

rpm cutout and rev limiter issue

Post by klork »

So I am have a strange issue and it mostly happens in third gear or higher. When I am accelerating hard I have power cut out at about 3600-3700 RPM for a brief second then it resumes accelerating like normal as if nothing happens. It appears to be maybe a crank trigger or ignition issue as it will backfire sometimes like it was still getting fuel but spark cut out. Basicly it acts like it hit my rev limiter for a very short time as I have my limiter set to spark cut.

My second issue is that I have my rev limiter set at 6500 RPM but it kicks on at around 5900-6000 RPM. I have the hysteresis set at 100 rpm so it should start to kick in at 6500 not 5900-6000.

Do have setting set wrong?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: rpm cutout and rev limiter issue

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'm seeing lost sync reason 2. Try a 10K resistor inline with the VR sensor if you haven't already.

The data log didn't seem to get the rev limiter issue; can you make a separate log for that one?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
klork
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by klork »

I will get a log of the rev limiter issue later today. I am using your threaded body sensor. So do I just solder the resister inline with the blue output signal wire?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

With a Hall effect sensor, you don't add a resistor, but you may want to try a tighter sensor gap.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X