Table Switching Help

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ofspunk7
MS/Extra Newbie

Table Switching Help

Post by ofspunk7 »

Hello,

I will soon be installing my MS3 unit in my car. I did some searching but I am not finding exactly what I am looking for. I was hoping I could ask for some assistance. I am looking for a wire diagram for table switching via a manual switch. I plan to access the settings in MS3 via Turner Studio. However, I would like to get the wire information so I can plan out how I am going to run the table swtich. Does anyone have a link or example of how they have run table switching with a manual switch?

Is the DB37 the best/only option for switching table inputs?

Thanks.
Ratmos
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Table Switching Help

Post by Ratmos »

Hi,

I noticed there was no reply to your post. I want to the same. If you are using the 3x card there is a specific input for table switching via the 3x plug. As you havn't said whether you have a 3x card, I can only comment on it specifically. I upgraded to a 3x so I would find it easy for table switching, water injection, fan control and boost control. In the table switching menu in TS you can choose what fuel and ignition tables you wish to use. But what I don't know if you can specify which tables are switched. I am presuming that fuel tables will switch between VE1 and VE3 but I can't be sure. The manuals don't seem to cover the subject very well although plenty of people appear to be doing table switching/blending, especially for boost contol so it can't be that hard providing you know how to do it. Since your original post I guess you know more. I hope this is of help.
Ratmos
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ratmos »

Hi,
You sound British but I may be wrong. Sorry for the very late reply. I am not good at navigating forums. Yes I did upgrade to the 3x board primarily for all the options that you can have easily like table switching. I think MS doesn't want to run foul of the emission regulations in the States so they don't promote the table switching as an option for performance modes. A British Emerald ECU owner was telling me he had four tables to switch to depending on what he wanted from the car all accessed by a switch on the dash. I think you are right that table switching in MS3 is between VE1 and VE3 and you you can see in the manual you have all those blending options. But I think you want the same as me. I want a table that will easily pass emission tests and keeps the car very driveable and on minimum boost; the second table will be all out performance. The manual does not cover table switching well. As you may gather I want to include the boost control in the table switch as well. I think it is a case to tease out the information from MS. I already have the switch wired into the dash but I don't know yet whether it is indicated at the bottom of TS yet. My car is for fuel only because I want to walk before I run. Ignition is via stock dizzy and coil with a MSD 6BTM giving me timing control on boost.

Regards Phil
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Table switching for "performance" is often a fallacy. Use the throttle to alter power output.

Electrically, the tableswitch input is a ground switch. The switch inputs are covered in the Hardware Manual.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".