Nitrous input necessary?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

forcefed86
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Nitrous input necessary?

Post by forcefed86 »

Is there a way to disable this? Or select something in this field so it is always on? I'm using it to control my electric VAC pump. But I don't need to wire the input side. I've already tested the wiring in the I/O test. Pump comes on great with the N201 output. I'd like to set it up as always on above 80% on the TPS.

Its the "Enable Input ON"

DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Nitrous input necessary?

Post by DeadStiff »

Don't you want to use programmable outputs instead?
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
2333(103*70) Type 4 with DTM also sitting in living room just need exhaust.
forcefed86
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by forcefed86 »

Still pretty new to this thats a much better way to do it.

Thanks
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

Look in the section on wiring input/outputs, there are several outputs that can be configured to do what you want, and they are capable of directly running a relay or some of the small vac pumps .
go the the manuals and check or search for wiring outputs.... you should be able to use several different positions.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
forcefed86
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by forcefed86 »

I set the VAC pump to come at anything above 100kpa in the custom I/O section. (used a relay) Works great.