help on megasquirt3 with 3x no power up

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

formulasix
MS/Extra Newbie

help on megasquirt3 with 3x no power up

Post by formulasix »

My ecu gets power down to megasquirt3 but wouldn't power up. Was messing with lc1 oxygen senor wiring cause they were reading different. Got that fixed but in the process my friend and I bummed other wires in the wiring harness the electric fans turned on. After that my whole car is died because the ecu wouldn't turn on. I think I fried the power circuit. Any ideas or also is there anyone local to the twin cities metro area in Minnesota that could check and repair if need be. I am over my head now thanks.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: help on megasquirt3 with 3x no power up

Post by billr »

I assume you don't have a Stim unit to test it with, correct? Remove the MS from the car completely, get it out on a bench. Connect only power to it (the "raw 12V" and a ground), only those two wires; also connect whatever cable (RS-232 or USB) you are using for communication with the external computer running Tuner Studio. Lets see if you can connect with MS that way, with nothing else possibly interfering.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Be sure to use a low value fuse too.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
formulasix
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by formulasix »

Thanks I will try that tomorrow. Also does anyone know of any mail order places that check and repair. Thanks. I will attach msq when I get power.
hardline
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hardline »

There are quite a few people who do board repairs. I do it on the side, and as such I don't have anywhere near the turnaround time of other places.
2000 ZX2 : Sequential COP, MS3 + MS3X + TinyIOx, PWM Returnless Fuel, Flex Fuel, Variable Geometry Intake Manifold, Garrett GTX2863R .82AR housing @ 15 psi
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Paul_VR6 »

I typically do a 48hr turn or less unless something really crazy happened. Shoot me a pm.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!