ms3 pro not connecting with serial port

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

tatumlsx
MS/Extra Newbie

ms3 pro not connecting with serial port

Post by tatumlsx »

Hi. My ms3 pro is not connecting with the serial port. It will connect with the USB port just fine. My problem is only the serial port. I bought the blue tooth adapter so I could use a tablet for ms shadow dash. I can get the adapter to pair up just fine, but it will not connect to the ms3 pro. I tried a serial to USB adapter and my tablet still has no connection. I can get the tablet to connect with the USB port on the ms3 pro. I am not sure if the harness is bad or if I need to turn on the serial port some how in ts. Any help will be great. I do not want to have to send back the blue tooth adapter, I really want to use it for ms shadow dash.
Thanks
Randy Gabriel
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3 pro not connecting with serial port

Post by Matt Cramer »

I would first check the wiring harness for continuity - let me know what you find. Our tech uses the RS232 connection to load firmware when he builds the MS3-Pro, so it is unlikely one would leave with an internal fault there. So that means I would suspect the wiring.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
tatumlsx
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by tatumlsx »

Ok. I will probe them and see. But if this is a wiring issue, who is responsible for it? I mean that part of the harness was not built by me. That will be a bad day if I have to replace that half of the harness do to bad assembly.
tatumlsx
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by tatumlsx »

And by the way this is a brand new install. So this problem has been happening since I first got it from you guys at DIY.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

It may just need a pin change. Let me know what you find and we'll see what we can do.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X