Rolling anti lag

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Rolling anti lag

Post by 93supercoupe »

Last edited by 93supercoupe on Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BootlegTuned
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Are you really advertising another ECU on the MS forum? Do you think that is helpful?

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

93supercoupe wrote:Just finished implementing and testing yet another ProEFI first.................................................... This will be in the V3 release along with other new features to be released shortly
I am confused..... If this feature is already available in another system, that you apparently prefer, why are we even discussing it here?

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

racingmini_mtl wrote:Are you really advertising another ECU on the MS forum? Do you think that is helpful?

Jean

That is a copy and paste from another site.

Im not sure if my approach is wrong, or my wording, but i feel like im getting ALOT of resistance on a simple feature request that other systems already have. I am NOT advertising another EFI system, I am NOT a street racer, I made my point very clear, many times.

Im simply asking if we can make this feature happen in OUR system. Thats it. On page 1, people werent sure what i was asking for, so i qouted another source. thats it. I dont even know who or what Pro-EFI is.
BootlegTuned
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Well your cut and paste sounded like you talking and no reference to Larry at sound performance was made

Pushing the feature won't implement it faster. Casual bump the thread with ideas rather than demanding an awnser
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The most important thing here to make this happen is an explanation of how it would differ from the existing anti-lag code.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

Ok,

Im thinking theres a way to make this work with what we have already.

But the problem that i see when i look at the ALS settings is that they all require a defined RPM or vehicle speed.

So your at 4000RPM, you hit the activation button, and the ECU will limit it to 4000RPM. So now you can put the pedal to the floor and build boost. Release the button, and the ECU will now let it rev out, with boost already built.

But now your traveling at 5200RPM and you wanna do the same thing. Just hit the button and the ECU limits you to 5200RPM, you can floor the throttle, build boost so when you relaese the botton, the ecu lets it rev out with boost already built.

The youtube video defines it pretty well. Its not an advertisemnt, just an example. I have never used/bought or considered what ever management system is in the video.

Basically its ALS as it is now, but the moment the activation switch is used, it takes the current RPM as its setting.
BootlegTuned
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Sort of like the "Variable Launch" option, but for anti lag?
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

Matt Cramer wrote:Sort of like the "Variable Launch" option, but for anti lag?
I guess i dont know the operation of variable launch well enough,and im having a hard time finding threads with application or really any documentation at all but if im thinking about it right, then you would need to have an activating switch, then a 0-5v potentiometer to determine the RPM you want it to hold at.

So in a sense that would work, but if we just implemented a switch that captures current RPM as its limiting RPM, it would be much easier.

hit the button, and whatever rpm you are at is now your limiter until you release the button.
BootlegTuned
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

and you wouldnt really need to implement any ALS settings (unless you have a massive turbo) because just being able to hold a certain RPM and having the pedal to the floor would create boost. I think.

But being able to implement the ALS settings with this would only help i suppose
BootlegTuned
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Variable launch simply sets the hold RPM at whatever RPM the launch switch is engaged at.
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

Current variable launch in MS3 uses a potentiometer to set the limit. It works well.

I have a vague recollection that MS1 might have had a feature similar to what is discussed here where the limit RPM was grabbed from the current RPM when the switch was activated. I'll consider that for a future release.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

Matt Cramer wrote:Variable launch simply sets the hold RPM at whatever RPM the launch switch is engaged at.

So you would set the window of RPM (3000-6000RPM) and what ever RPM you engage the launch switch at in between those 2 RPM's is what its held at?

Where does the 0-5v potentiameter come into play?
BootlegTuned
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

You set up the variable launch specifying the rpm window, then on the knob you have you just find different points where each 500 or 1000 rpm difference is. In the application your wanting youd have to turn the knob to the current rpm and potentially setup a button that acts like the clutch switch

James, this is a feature I and a friend with a 1jz could use for some roll race events we attend
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Sorry, had the MS3 and MS1 variable launch implementations confused.
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

nathaninwa wrote:You set up the variable launch specifying the rpm window, then on the knob you have you just find different points where each 500 or 1000 rpm difference is. In the application your wanting youd have to turn the knob to the current rpm and potentially setup a button that acts like the clutch switch

James, this is a feature I and a friend with a 1jz could use for some roll race events we attend
This is how i envisioned it working. Which is fine, but requires an extra step and course adjustment.
BootlegTuned
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

jsmcortina wrote:Current variable launch in MS3 uses a potentiometer to set the limit. It works well.

I have a vague recollection that MS1 might have had a feature similar to what is discussed here where the limit RPM was grabbed from the current RPM when the switch was activated. I'll consider that for a future release.

James

Boom. Thats all im asking for. Thanks James
BootlegTuned
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

Hi James, any updates on this?

I also like to idea of the launch control that engage at the rpm value when a button was pressed.
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Check out 1.4.9, it's been out since .7 or .8 under pit lane limiter, try that and see if it works for you
Suprazz
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by Suprazz »

Great! It should do it! Thanks
Best looking and most advanced CAN-bus gauge
Toyota Supra 7MGE, 7M-GTE and 1JZ-GTE Plug and play ECUs: http://www.perfecttuning.net
Serial to Bluetooth or Serial to WiFi
DIYAutotune Canadian, EFI Source and ECUMaster reseller!