Rolling anti lag

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Rolling anti lag

Post by 93supercoupe »

So i tried roll racing a brand new GTR the other day, and the only reason he got in front of me is because he out spooled me. I tried brake boosting but it isnt relaibale enough. So i was thinking of rolling anti-lag.

I was thinking if we could use an activation switch, and have NO defined RPM. So when you hit the switch, it would use the current RPM and implement the settings you have in the anti-lag feilds.

So basically exactly it is now, but not requiring a RPM. Just when you hit the switch, it just keeps the car at the current RPM? and allows you to load it up?

Is that possible? Maybe can be added to the next firmware? Talking with EFI analytics they told me this would have to be done on the firmware/MS side.

I reached out to James about this, but i wanted to see maybe theres a way to manipulate what we already have to do this?

Any thoughts?
BootlegTuned
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Rolling anti lag

Post by 93supercoupe »

Can this be moved to MS3 Development section?
BootlegTuned
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

thinking about this more, you wouldnt really need to implement any timing retard or fuel enrichment but just a RPM limiter that activates on an input at any RPM.

So is there a way to use the flat shift function? variable launch?

But then how would u maintain a steady speed?
BootlegTuned
DeadStiff
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by DeadStiff »

Couldn't you abuse speed based launch control to limit your speed and rpms? Use a switch to activate it and disable it to launch. It even has retard if it would be useful.
MS3+X on 73 Karmann Ghia ignition only with LS2 truck coils firing in sequential, fuel next.
2333(103*70) Type 4 with DTM also sitting in living room just need exhaust.
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

but you would need a defined RPM.

What im suggesting is just have a switched Input that when active, limits it you to its current RPM.

Thats basically all im asking for. Hit a button, and it stays limited at its current RPM.
BootlegTuned
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

So no one else sees the need for this feature? and im not going to get a response?
BootlegTuned
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

93supercoupe wrote:So no one else sees the need for this feature? and im not going to get a response?
I generally race from a standing start, so don't have much use for it.........

Ken
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
MS2 v3 w/extra 3.4.2 Release
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
Spartan Lambda Sensor from 14point7
TinyIOX from JBPerformance
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

well im sure im not the only turbo car on here that likes to race from a roll. Not every car i see on the highway that wants to race is willing to stop traffic and go from a dig.
BootlegTuned
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

what about using the variable launch with a potentiometer and can just wind the rev limit up or down like a volume control.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

93supercoupe wrote:well im sure im not the only turbo car on here that likes to race from a roll. Not every car i see on the highway that wants to race is willing to stop traffic and go from a dig.
My apologies!

I actually did understand your question. As I get older, I seem to be tiring of picking up the pieces and dealing with the aftermath! Perhaps it's just the 38 years of cop in me.

Race on! I just hope no one here is a victim!

Ken

ADMIN: please feel free to delete this rant if you feel so inclined!! :D
1979 Corvette - 383 CID SBC w/ Holley Pro-Jection 900 CFM TBI, 4-85 lb lo-z injectors & Walbro 255 pump
36-1, Delphi LS2/7 coils in wasted spark, driven by v2.0 logic board from JBPerformance
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I would have to agree with the street roll racing, but on th same account i have attended roll race events at airstrips before where it's 100 over your start mph and would be trick to use my linelock button on the shifter to maintain say 30mph in second with a little retarded timing possibly building a mild amount of boost
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

nathaninwa wrote:I would have to agree with the street roll racing, but on th same account i have attended roll race events at airstrips before where it's 100 over your start mph and would be trick to use my linelock button on the shifter to maintain say 30mph in second with a little retarded timing possibly building a mild amount of boost
Hey Nate! :D

If there's a need, there's a need and I have no intention of disparaging that need.

Probably over reaction on my part! :oops: But what I said is based on a whole lot of real life experience and my genuine concern for everyone.

Take care..... and above all..... Be safe! :D

Ken
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

Yeah, I once had some terse words with a street squid about the difference between 'street racers' and 'road racers' - road racers drive up my adrenaline, street racers drive up my insurance rates! :x
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
kjones6039
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by kjones6039 »

A clear distinction for certain, Don!!

Ken
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

kjones6039 wrote:Probably over reaction on my part! :oops: But what I said is based on a whole lot of real life experience and my genuine concern for everyone.

Take care..... and above all..... Be safe! :D

Ken
Ken,

I don't think you're overreacting. Being concerned about the safety of people who don't choose to be in a racing situation (with all the risks associated with it, and more so in street racing) should not be a difficult thing to understand. But it isn't as obvious to everyone apparently.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

The feature could be setup side by side with the 3 step feature. Have it sub programmed for vss = 0 use burnout revlimit, then if vss above xx mph then capture current vss or rpm and maintain using x timing when tps above xx%
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
papiogxl
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by papiogxl »

This is a feature that I've requested as well. Small cube turbo car here.
The Ratchet RX7
1988 RX7 powered by 12V VR6
Ms3x, ID1000's, e85, pt6266, NX wet kit.
Stock block w/ arp hardware
TH400
8.8 IRS
tpsretard2
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by tpsretard2 »

Why not setup the als properly. Just set the minimum rpm to something like 2000rpm.

It works exceptionally well. I scare passengers with it all the time. Off throttle from 3000rpm i see 10psi of boost.

You need an air bypass valve or a throttle kicker, then setup the als options as needed.

Or do what us rally boy's do. Left foot brake....!!
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

tpsretard2 wrote:Why not setup the als properly. Just set the minimum rpm to something like 2000rpm.

It works exceptionally well. I scare passengers with it all the time. Off throttle from 3000rpm i see 10psi of boost.

You need an air bypass valve or a throttle kicker, then setup the als options as needed.

Or do what us rally boy's do. Left foot brake....!!

LOL im not coordinated enough to left foot break consistently.

I think we are taking this entire thing out of context. All i want is the ability to load the car while rolling, at any RPM. Can we do this?

PS- i am not a street racer. But im not an angel either. I dont condone street racing, but there are other places a feature like this can be applied.

Other systems already offer this feature.
BootlegTuned
tpsretard2
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by tpsretard2 »

with out seeing what you are talking about, the Antilag that is already in the MS3 will do this.