Crank/Cam VR sensor adjustments

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

1uzfevolvo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Crank/Cam VR sensor adjustments

Post by 1uzfevolvo »

Been chasing this problem for a while but when pots R11, R32, R52 ans R56 are all fully counter clockwise, as per instructions, motor starts but won't rev over 1500rpm.

Using the composite logger and making adjustments to R11 (3 turns clockwise) and R52 (7 turns clockwise), the motor happily revs out beyond 4500rpm but the composite log looks like this. I'm using 12 tooth crank, no missing teeth and a cam sensor.
CleanRev.JPG
Unfortunately with these adjustments, if the motor stops, it won't restart unless I wind everything out again.

What am I missing?
1UZ-FE Volvo 282
CoP Sequential MS3x
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Crank/Cam VR sensor adjustments

Post by Matt Cramer »

Can you post the complete log file and your MSQ? This would give more to go on.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
1uzfevolvo
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by 1uzfevolvo »

The composite log shows the changes whilst adjusting R52 (R11 was already adjusted clockwise 3 turns). The early pages show logs at approx 2000rpm. As revs rise the log from page 7 shows the loss of clean signal and with further adjustments, by page 48 a solid signal allows clean revs past 4500rpm.

After this log was taken, the motor would not restart, there was no sign of syncing whilst the motor was cranking.

Hope this help diagnose the problem.
1UZ-FE Volvo 282
CoP Sequential MS3x
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The composite log you posted looks fine to me. Could be you adjusted R52 and set the sensitivity so low it won't read at cranking speed.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X