Water injection and AFR wideband interference

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Ratmos
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Water injection and AFR wideband interference

Post by Ratmos »

Before I install my MS3X fuel only set up, I was wondering if when the water/methanol injection is working will it interfere with the Innovate wideband EGO and alter the AFR? Do I have to switch the EGO off while water/methanol is active? Thanks in advance for your answers.
Barton
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Water injection and AFR wideband interference

Post by Barton »

the water meth injection wont interfere with the wideband but of course will change to A/F mixture because it will make the air going into the intake more dense.
Megasquirted engines: 4g63, k24a2, b16-b18, duratec, ecotec, fiat 8v-16v, modular 4.6 32v, 1fz-fe, fiat 5cil 20v, Opel corsa, G54B, VW AG, 2ZZ-GE.
https://www.facebook.com/Bartonefi
instagram: @bartonefi
Ratmos
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ratmos »

Hi Barton,

Thanks for the feedback. I was just concerned that the injection would be confused by the water/methanol injection.
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

along similar lines, im trying to figure out a way to trim the fuel back when the meth injection is in use.

Still havent figured it out yet.
BootlegTuned
Ratmos
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ratmos »

Is it possible to use a pressure switch (Hobbs Switch) that closes when the water injection is on to create a tableswitch or blend? Just an idea if that helps.
93supercoupe
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by 93supercoupe »

Ratmos wrote:Is it possible to use a pressure switch (Hobbs Switch) that closes when the water injection is on to create a tableswitch or blend? Just an idea if that helps.
thats defenitley possible, but what if i wired my tableswitch pin to my water injection pump output pin?

That way, when the pump is turned on by its defined values, it grounds the tableswitch pin and goes uses Dual Fuel?

Because the pump output is a ground, so when the MS turns it on, the pump output pin goes to ground, which is what i would need my table switch pin to do.

Does that make sense?
BootlegTuned
Ratmos
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Ratmos »

I'm sure there is a number of ways to acheive a tableswitch.
ekam99
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by ekam99 »

Ratmos wrote:Before I install my MS3X fuel only set up, I was wondering if when the water/methanol injection is working will it interfere with the Innovate wideband EGO and alter the AFR? Do I have to switch the EGO off while water/methanol is active? Thanks in advance for your answers.
injecting water-meth makes your mixture richer, because methanol is a fuel. You have to blend.
Barton wrote:the water meth injection wont interfere with the wideband but of course will change to A/F mixture because it will make the air going into the intake more dense.

NO