2nd RPM input?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

imakehp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

2nd RPM input?

Post by imakehp »

I would like to read/record my driveshaft RPM.
I did a search but the only thing I could find relative was a reference to a VSS port.
I have a 4 tooth (non-magnetic) ring on the driveshaft now and an MS3 box.......

Is anyone willing to point me in the right direction for the info or explain to me how to accomplish this? PLEASE?

This is a dragster that rarely goes above 8500rpm and has an acceleration rate of approximately 1000rpm per second.

Thanks in advance for any help......

Dave
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 2nd RPM input?

Post by nathaninwa »

Are you able to get a hall sensor, like the fully threaded body unit from DIY in front of the 4 tooth ring?

There is a shaft speed area in the advanced engine tab. Not sure but it might read rpm
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
imakehp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by imakehp »

I'll make up any bracket or sensor arraignment needed.
I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to get the MS to recognize and record it. OR, if it can even do it. :RTFM:

Don't be afraid to say "It's a pain in the ass, but this is what you have to do......"
I'm a racer, I'm used to it. :D

Dave
imakehp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by imakehp »

OK.....I found a shaft speed(rpm) set up in TunerStudio.....Now I'm thinking I could use the cam rpm part of MS.....it shouldn't care if it's reading cam rpm or driveshaft rpm...right?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

Have you read the manuals? That should be the first thing you do. There's a link at the top of the page.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
imakehp
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by imakehp »

Yes, I've read the manuals. And if I were an electrical engineer, I'm certain I would have found my answer(s). But, since I'm just a simple person, has anybody done it, or know how to, pick up/record a 2nd rpm w/ a MSV3.0?

Also, not to push my luck, does anybody know who sells a 12' or 14' harness still? All I find is the 8" and 10".

Thanks in advance for any help,

Dave
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

The Shaft Speed settings are used for what you are trying to do - picking up a shaft speed.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".