Staged, sequential injection

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Staged, sequential injection

Post by nathaninwa »

Thinking about my next project, turbo LQ4, and my plan is to run staged injection with the secondaries running some 116/E98. I'll be building into the header egt ports so I can tune injector scaling under boost the best I can

Problem with staged injection is it's batch fire, so I'm thinking I can wire each secondary injector to it's matching primary, and use the batch fire output to control a solid state relay for the secondary's power only and use the table style staging. This should allow me to ramp in the secondary's at a rate that I can tune the ve table till I'm at 100%

I realize that I'll be using both pump 92 and race gas but the injector size is spread enough that I'll be into more race gas than pump, and since it's still sequential I can use cylinder trims to get the manifold tuned in

Any ideas or thoughts?
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Staged, sequential injection

Post by dontz125 »

How many cyls is this engine? An MSx card can run a 4-cyl in fully-sequential staged with the 8 channels.

If your engine has more than 4, then yes, your idea will work, but there are issues to consider and work out. First, you can't use gradual transition - the secondaries are on, or off. Second, you might need to use some sort of timer to drive the secondary injector relay; depending on how long the secondary injectors would theoretically spray in batch mode, you may very likely have them de-powered during certain injection periods. You'll need to sit down with a spreadsheet and consider the various cases at various engine speeds and loads. It would be quite annoying to have your #4 and #8 cylinders running consistently on primaries only - and at reduced rate due to the staging! - while under heavy boost.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Staged, sequential injection

Post by nathaninwa »

8 cylinder , 6.0 LS motor

Will be a street driven drag race car, with an auto.

Would using the staged outputs to cycle a solid state relay make the transition smooth enough?

Stocks are like 24lbs and I'll run 1100cc secondary's. I wonder if ve tuning would be hard be just relay switching the secondary's?

Edit, I'll stage around 130 to 150 kpa so I just run on pump while cruising
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control