MS3 as a data logger only...

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

JTB321
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MS3 as a data logger only...

Post by JTB321 »

My MS3/MS3X is built ready for another future project but in the interim I would like to use it as a data logger only. Now, I'm going to mention the carburetor word so please don't leave.....
My newly rebuilt 302 for my Factory Five roadster has a carb and I want to run some data logs to help understand how well/bad it is set up. I already have two wideband O2 sensors and the MAP pressure sensor built into the MS3. I want to also include water temp, tacho and MPH into the log.
Has anyone ran the MS3 as a data log only, what do I do about a tuning file? Best way to get MPH, should I just get a GPS rather than delve into the speedo wiring to get at the VSS signal?
Any help would be appreciated.

John
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 as a data logger only...

Post by Matt Cramer »

No reason you can't use it as a data logger on its own. It would probably be easier to wire in the VSS (to the cam input) than to try to connect a GPS - at least if you're logging through the SD card. (A GPS is relatively easy to interface with TunerStudio.)
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
slow_hemi6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 as a data logger only...

Post by slow_hemi6 »

While waiting for my FAST throttle body I ran my MS2 with my Edelbrock 650AVS for fuel and took a few logs. What the logs really needed though was TPS. Viewing MAP on the logs gives an idea of throttle opening but TPS would have been better. If I was in the position to do it again I would definitely find a way to get TPS into the logs.
Find the Manuals up top under Quick links: Manuals. :RTFM:
Cheers Luke