Subaru 3 wires cop --> Resolved

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Josh
MS/Extra Newbie

Subaru 3 wires cop --> Resolved

Post by Josh »

Hello,

I have a problem to pilot a COP diamond FK0186 3 wires of subaru EJ20 on a MS3x.

The COP work logic 5V there but the 74Hc of the MS3x eventually broken.

On procedure of diag subaru, the control of signal is made 0-12v, that it the way of enhanced reliability all this?

The BIP from negative don't work :(

Regards
Last edited by Josh on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Subaru 3 wires cop --> MS3x

Post by Josh »

Hello
I still have to replace the 74HC , I have to create a circuit has base of TC4427 to create taken out logic 12v.
At the hour current the commands of COP work on jimstim in test mode ignition of tunerstudio, but not on the vehicle :evil:
Healey3000
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by Healey3000 »

Josh wrote:Hello
I still have to replace the 74HC , I have to create a circuit has base of TC4427 to create taken out logic 12v.
At the hour current the commands of COP work on jimstim in test mode ignition of tunerstudio, but not on the vehicle :evil:
Hi Josh,

I may not have understood your questions fully.

It sounds like you think that a 12 volt logic signal is required to activate the coil. I believe you may be misinterpreting that diagram - the coil requires 12 volts to "power" it but the actual triggering uses 5v logic. Therefore, you should not need to replace the 74HC (unless it has been damaged).

If the coil does not work in the car, there may be some other issue, such as a bad wiring harness. I believe that page 146 of the manual describes troubleshooting steps to determine whether the harness is bad.

I hope this helps.
Josh
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Josh »

Healey3000 wrote:
Hi Josh,

I may not have understood your questions fully.

It sounds like you think that a 12 volt logic signal is required to activate the coil. I believe you may be misinterpreting that diagram - the coil requires 12 volts to "power" it but the actual triggering uses 5v logic. Therefore, you should not need to replace the 74HC (unless it has been damaged).

If the coil does not work in the car, there may be some other issue, such as a bad wiring harness. I believe that page 146 of the manual describes troubleshooting steps to determine whether the harness is bad.

I hope this helps.
Hello,

Thank you for your answer.

COP work directly connected on the MS3x, but not for a long time, the MS3x burnd (I am in the third there)...
I thus have, this time, to replace the 74HC ;)

A file of diagnosis Subaru (https://www.xcceleration.com/pinouts/20 ... mp.WRX.pdf) gives a control of signals 12v waveform.

I go checked the harness.
sjf911
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by sjf911 »

What is the impedance of the logic circuit on the coil?
Steve
1983 Porsche 911SC 3.4L, MS-3 v3.57 (pre1.4 alpha1, TS 2.6.14,JBperf I/O extender), MS3X full sequential, RTC, 12x LS2 D585 coil twinplug, PMAS HPX MAF, LC-1, GT35R turbocharged, full-bay intercooler, J&S Interceptor, e85.
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

The TC4427 will do the job. I would suggest using the S12C pad as your source for the +12v to the coils.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
Josh
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Josh »

Hello
sjf911 wrote:What is the impedance of the logic circuit on the coil?
1.8k from the ground

Thank you for your help
Josh
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: Subaru 3 wires cop --> Resolved

Post by Josh »

Resolved :twisted:
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

For those playing along at home, and those who may have similar problems in the future - what fixed it?
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
fiid
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by fiid »

How did this get resolved? I'm trying to get the same setup to work, but no sparky at all with the COP logic input connected to the 3X...
Porsche 914 w/ JDM Subaru 2.0TT converted to Single Turbo. Megasquirt II/v2.2 with EDIS.
fiid
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by fiid »

It looks like maybe there was a driver circuit added that converts the output of the MS3X up to a 12V logic signal?? Do I need to build another glue board? Wondering if I'd be better off going with the LS coil drivers instead...?
Porsche 914 w/ JDM Subaru 2.0TT converted to Single Turbo. Megasquirt II/v2.2 with EDIS.