No steady rpm signal + no ign output with ms3x

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: No steady rpm signal + no ign output with ms3x

Post by billr »

I have to confess, I am getting confused in this thread. That's not to say you are not explaining OK, but I'm not gettin' it... The last logs posted (Jan. 15) show a lot of sync loss. That has to be cured before all else. Set the .msq for "wasted COP" so you can ignore the cam sensing for now. If you think there is any chance the MS3X is bad, then take it off. Sure, the engine won't run, but you can work on getting perfect sync while cranking, then we can move on from there. (I sounds like both the injectors and spark work in "test mode", so I'm thinking the MS3X is actually OK.)

Edit: the comp log doesn't look even close to a 60-2, how about posting a tooth log?
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

billr wrote:I have to confess, I am getting confused in this thread. That's not to say you are not explaining OK, but I'm not gettin' it... The last logs posted (Jan. 15) show a lot of sync loss. That has to be cured before all else. Set the .msq for "wasted COP" so you can ignore the cam sensing for now. If you think there is any chance the MS3X is bad, then take it off. Sure, the engine won't run, but you can work on getting perfect sync while cranking, then we can move on from there. (I sounds like both the injectors and spark work in "test mode", so I'm thinking the MS3X is actually OK.)

Edit: the comp log doesn't look even close to a 60-2, how about posting a tooth log?
I did change the settings and chose Wasted Cop and Toothed whell with single missing tooth with semi sequential mode..
I get a very steady cranking RPM , i adjusted the resistor pots and have no sync loss at all , but i have no outputs.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

You still have spark and fuel outputs using "test mode" in TS? Post the current .msq and recent tooth and run logs while cranking and trying to start!
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

billr wrote:You still have spark and fuel outputs using "test mode" in TS? Post the current .msq and recent tooth and run logs while cranking and trying to start!
Yes I still have spark and fuel outputs using "test mode" !
.MSQ file attached,
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

" i adjusted the resistor pots and have no sync loss at all , but i have no outputs."

What outputs are you talking about? I assumed you meant "no spark or injection", but that latest run log looks like the engine is running. Still sync loss in the comp log, post a tooth log also.
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

billr wrote:" i adjusted the resistor pots and have no sync loss at all , but i have no outputs."

What outputs are you talking about? I assumed you meant "no spark or injection", but that latest run log looks like the engine is running. Still sync loss in the comp log, post a tooth log also.
Yes, I mean no spark or injection;
The engine started, ran about 30 min, i adjusted the ve table a bit, then we shut it off...And It didn't start after that at all
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

So, what is the present status; do you have a solid no-spark, no-injection, no-start condition? If so, post the .msq, run log, and tooth log.
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

[quote="billr"]So, what is the present status; do you have a solid no-spark, no-injection, no-start condition? If so, post the .msq, run log, and tooth log.[/quote
Yes, I still have No Spark, No Injection & No Start !
I removed the ms3x card and tried it on another car equipped with an MS3 + MS3X and it worked just fine, so the card is working.
I took some Voltages using a Digital Multi Meter and found that I have a persistent 9v between the pins of the injectors when i switch the ignition to ON;
Voltage between the 12V pin and the Signal input pin on the LS1 Logic coil clip is 12.24V
I think those voltages are terribly wrong;
When i remove the ms3x card from the ecu and turn the Ignition to ON again, voltages drop to 0V both...

Here are some datalogs, please take a look
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I would like to see a tooth log with only power and the (VR) crank sensor connected to the MS. You would probably have to splurge for an extra DB37 connector, as cutting wires or de-pinning your existing is a real pain. I want you to work towards getting a rock-solid tach-in signal with no possibility of other wiring issues getting in the way.
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

billr wrote:I would like to see a tooth log with only power and the (VR) crank sensor connected to the MS. You would probably have to splurge for an extra DB37 connector, as cutting wires or de-pinning your existing is a real pain. I want you to work towards getting a rock-solid tach-in signal with no possibility of other wiring issues getting in the way.
SOLVED !!! :yeah!:
After removing the spark plugs from the engine and taking a tooth log, the crank sensor was wired backwards !
Adjusted R52 a bit,
And the biggest surprise is that the ReqFuel must be set to 36ms for the engine to start despite having 650cc injectors...