VG30DETTT ms3x

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Z32 TT
MS/Extra Newbie

VG30DETTT ms3x

Post by Z32 TT »

Hi,

I have a 300zx TT I have previously gone 11.2 @ 125mph on stock turbos/engine/dumps etc with a 60 shot of nitrous on stock ecu. I loved tuning my own car and found it very rewarding. I was using nistune but think I would like to step up to the MS3X. I have a couple of questions.

I think I might be the first using ms3x on vg30dett? I plan on swapping out the original 360 wheel for a aem 24-1 wheel to lower the resolution and stop timing drift usually seen with aftermarket ecu's. In tuner studio I can find the option for it? is it dual wheel?

everything else looks pretty easy to get my head around and the manuals are great. the Transbrake staging system is :yeah!:

do you guys have the dead time for bosh 2200 injectors? (id2000) seller advised .45 ms at 14v but megasquirt requests 13.2v. have searched and seems its a bit of working around to get it right.

thanks in advance
winstonusmc
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: VG30DETTT ms3x

Post by winstonusmc »

I use the DIY wheel on my L28 and it uses Dual wheel with missing tooth. I would assume you would use normal dual wheel, and just use rising edge on the "second trigger active on". Of course you could just run the stock wheel and set it to the RB25 setting. RB/VG CAS are the same. Used to run a VG30DETT ECU on an RB25.
Nissan Skyline R34 RB26DETT ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Hitachi CAS (sold)
Nissan Silvia S14 RB25DE ITB/NA ran MS3/MS3X w/ factory Mitsubishi CAS (disassembled)
Datsun 240z RB25DE ITB/NA with MS3/MS3X
Z32 TT
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Z32 TT »

thanks very much for the reply. I thought that might have been the case. I don't want to use the 360 wheel as it is a common problem to get timing drift and variation from the high resolution on haltech etc.

with the lower resolution wheel fingers crossed it should eliminate that problem.
pcaudell
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by pcaudell »

I am currently trying to get ms3x set up for vg30dett, can't seem to get synced. I am using jimstim and jimstimx. wondering if I have selected correct wheel mode on the dipswitches, 6,7,8 are on others off. Also the tsel is jumped to vroutinv.
On the jimstim it is set up for square wave, 5V pull up on 2nd trigger