MS1 3.57 upgrade to MS3 3.57

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

jleilich
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MS1 3.57 upgrade to MS3 3.57

Post by jleilich »

If i had an MS1 on a 3.57 what would be required on the board to get to MS3 on 3.57 capabilities. Obviously the MS3 daughter board but what would I need to do to the 3.57 board specifically?
1970 Cuda 440. MS3X
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS1 3.57 upgrade to MS3 3.57

Post by dontz125 »

It rather depends on what you're trying to do. Whether you go with the 3X board right now or just the processor, you'll need to review the .msq tune file and your internal wiring / mods (if any) and determine EXACTLY what your board is doing. Once you have that, you need to review the MS3 manual (or MS3/X manual) and determine what needs to happen to make these functions work with the new processor - it is almost guaranteed that it is NOT plug and play!

The one thing I can say is that you will need to install the JS9 to S12C jumper to power the 12v functions of the processor card. BE AWARE that you CANNOT simply swap the MS1 chip back in to double-check something; that jumper MUST be removed or you will fry the chip.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
jleilich
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MS1 3.57 upgrade to MS3 3.57

Post by jleilich »

So I should say the reason I'm asking.

I bought the full MS3 kit with expansion. Took me forever to get the thing soldered together then one of my kids got hold of it and I'm pretty sure its damaged. At this point i'd rather just get the 3.57 since I had a lot of issues after soldering and not attempt a full build again. So I only need the main board. It was suggested that I just buy the MS1 3.57 and there would be a few mods that would be required so I'm just trying to find where I can find what will be needed.
1970 Cuda 440. MS3X