New install

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: New install

Post by binlki1 »

Tps sig is just jittery when closed just checking. 13% is real im guessing that was me. Just reg fuel. Standard blended formula.still working on the flow and dead time.
Hey could you recomend a good tunning book, mag or reference.

Thanks
Kirk
91 240sx Stock, with intake plumbing. MS3x with Expansion, DIYAutotune Trigger, COP, full sequential. Daily Driver.
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I'm still confused... nowadays "reg fuel" is E10 in most parts of USA. Are you running E10? I have never read it, but the obvious book choice to me would be the one written by Matt Cramer and Jerry Hoffman of DIYautotune. Look for it there or on Amazon.
binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by binlki1 »

Sorry for the confusion yes im running E10 . I have the book and I had the pleasue of meeting them at the Mega Meet in 2013. I found to be a very good book Probley should go back and read. chapter 12 again :oops: I have read it I probley just skimed the tuning stage because I was concentrating on the actual build :oops: the other thing is my ms project has been shelved for quite sometime.
91 240sx Stock, with intake plumbing. MS3x with Expansion, DIYAutotune Trigger, COP, full sequential. Daily Driver.
binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by binlki1 »

New issues
Since the firmware upgrade I have noticed this.
MAF sensor wont stay synced in TS . If i change the gauge manually it works until the controler goes off line . Im using a a 6 wire MAF from a V6 mustang
is a V6 MAF the same as a v8 MAF if not why is their no option in the maf configuration of TS.
Why has my WUE has decided it wants to stay on no mater what the temperature is. any idea why ?
thanks
Kirk
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I'll take the easy one...

WUE is staying on because the last bin in the table (156.7F) is set to 145%. The last bin (highest temperature) needs to be 100% (no WUE) and at a temperature that is less than normal operating temperature (156.7F should be okay).
binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by binlki1 »

billr wrote:I'll take the easy one...

WUE is staying on because the last bin in the table (156.7F) is set to 145%. The last bin (highest temperature) needs to be 100% (no WUE) and at a temperature that is less than normal operating temperature (156.7F should be okay).
Yup that was it, sorry for the newbie question.

Does anyone have idea what is going with th MAF. and why its going outa sync

If . Set mat on that guage and exiitb TS . Then restart TS gaug. Stay in sync and appears to be close
Thanks
Kirk
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

binlki1 wrote: is a V6 MAF the same as a v8 MAF if not why is their no option in the maf configuration of TS.
I don't think so, but currently we only have calibration curves available for the most common MAFs.

What exactly does the MAF reading do when it is "out of sync"? Does it read wrong on a data log too?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by binlki1 »

Hell. Everyone

Thanks for the inquiry Matt. Ok heres where im at. I have figured out heir is a problem with the MAF/circuit. The default guage in TS bottom right corner (MAF?) . gauge reports lost sync (Sometimes). If you manualy setup a guage to read MAT it stays in sync. however the temp is sometimes way off like showing 25 degs when its 65-70. The car runs pretty good its running really rich, until the MAF just up and decides to work properly. Then it gets really lean. Now I have checked the circuit cant seem to find a problem. Im prettysure the sensor is flakey. Example took a little drive 30 miles or so, ambient temp some where between 60 - 75 degs, ran great (rich 10.5 - 13.5) AFR. made a few short trips (store) and out of the blue the car starts running way lean. I first thought it was the idle valve turned it off no change. look ed at the logs and noticed that the MAT temp was reading normal. Checked circuit (wiring) again no problems. After several starts/stops MAT temps went back to 20 degs cooler car acted as before (duh). Going to install a single GM MAT sensor and see if that helps. I'm including a pic of the MAF with part #as well as logs.

I picked up a a GM MAF off a 05 Taho. I will have to do some fabricating to install it.

Any thoughts / suggestions
Thanks Kirk
binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by binlki1 »

Logs turns out most of my logs are to big as well as my pic. I will post more after while. ( the maf sensor isa 6 wire ford )

Thanks again
Kirk
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

That log shows an IAT of around 38 degrees. Is that accurate?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by binlki1 »

No should be more like 70s. This morning it showed 42ish more like 55 or so. I know this sounds stupid but installed a new muffler and recalibrated my o2 sensor (folowing the inovative motorsports procedure) while i had it on the rack and now the external guage and TS and MSDROID dont agree with tg guage. It is at least 1.0 -1.5 difference. I don't think this is related. Since the maf has been acting like this pretty much all along . Sorry I forgot to mention this in the other post.

Not sure which number on this maf is correct part #

PBT-GF30
XF2F-12B579-AA
0L08-C3-2

Thanks
Kirk
binlki1
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by binlki1 »

I think I found the problem with the maf , bad solder joint in the DB 37. Going to check O2 in logworks and see what that looks like.

Thanks Kirk