Boost By Gear Open Loop Not Available?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Boost By Gear Open Loop Not Available?

Post by shaodome »

This is on the 1.4 Alpha 10 firmware and attached is a screen shot of what I'm talking about. The VSS1 is enabled and RPM/VSS gear detection is configured.

The "tool tip" for boost vs speed/gear states that it can be either duty cycle or kpa target, but they only become accessible when I changed the algorithm from open loop to closed loop. What is the correct way to set boost by gear and relevant duty cycle?
bbg.gif
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Boost By Gear Open Loop Not Available?

Post by nathaninwa »

I'm working on a closed loop boost issue right and Im running open loop boost by gear. I'm triggering mine based on a blended table, under boost table switching I'm using blend curve 6 I think
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by shaodome »

Thanks nate. I was looking at that. Did you just setup blend table 6 with an x axis of gear and put basically 1-5 on it? I tried that and it didn't work.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Yes. My current msq is in ms3 development, under pre1.4.10 boost control. The thread is near the top
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

Shaodome, out of curiosity, why are you not using closed loop?

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.
shaodome
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by shaodome »

muythaibxr wrote:Shaodome, out of curiosity, why are you not using closed loop?

Ken
86mm turbo, 3.0L, open downpipe and nitrous. Boost comes on so hard/fast with that combo. We haven't had a lot of time to work with the closed loop on setups like that as the only place it can be done is the track. MS boost, as amazingly flexible as it is, takes a good bit of time to get perfect, which unfortunately isn't a luxury we have right now with this car.

Am I correct that boost DC by gear is not available other than via the blend method Nate stated above? If so, the tool tip needs to be updated.
muythaibxr
Site Admin

Post by muythaibxr »

shaodome wrote:
muythaibxr wrote:Shaodome, out of curiosity, why are you not using closed loop?

Ken
86mm turbo, 3.0L, open downpipe and nitrous. Boost comes on so hard/fast with that combo. We haven't had a lot of time to work with the closed loop on setups like that as the only place it can be done is the track. MS boost, as amazingly flexible as it is, takes a good bit of time to get perfect, which unfortunately isn't a luxury we have right now with this car.
What do you think could be done to help there? Which part takes the time?

Can I also ask why you're using *alpha* code on a car like that? Wouldn't it make more sense to use stable code?
Am I correct that boost DC by gear is not available other than via the blend method Nate stated above? If so, the tool tip needs to be updated.
You are correct. Looking at the code those settings are only used in closed-loop mode. Tool-tip has been updated.

Ken
Megasquirt is not for use on pollution controlled vehicles. Any advice I give is for off road use only.