AEM Failsafe issue on MSPNP-Pro for Mazdaspeed Miata

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

UsErNaMe
MS/Extra Newbie

AEM Failsafe issue on MSPNP-Pro for Mazdaspeed Miata

Post by UsErNaMe »

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and I'll try and keep it simple. I just recently bought and installed the MSPNP-Pro on my 2005 Mazdaspeed Miata, everthing seems to be working fine: start-up, warm-up, idle, etc. My issue I am having is that TS is not picking up the signal from my AEM wideband failsafe part#30-4900. I have the guage wired like this: Black(ground) hooked up to a good ground, Red(12v) to a fused link, Brown(Analog Ground for AFR) hooked to Pin A "Sensor Ground" on the optional connector, and finally White(0-5v analog output for AFR) hooked to Pin C "Analog Input 2" on the optional connector.

I have already gone into TS and set calabration for AFR to AEM (30-4900) series, I have also tried "custom linear WB" and set the voltages to amounts that I found on other forums with no success.

I have searched on so many forums to find the solution, but I can not find anything related to the MSPNP-pro. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: AEM Failsafe issue on MSPNP-Pro for Mazdaspeed Miata

Post by Matt Cramer »

Under Fuel Settings -> AFR / EGO Control, change EGO 1 Port from "Normal EGO" to "Analog In 2". That should fix it.

Also, you'll want the wideband grounded to the block or cylinder head, as the factory wiring grounds the MSPNP to the cylinder head on these cars.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
UsErNaMe
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: AEM Failsafe issue on MSPNP-Pro for Mazdaspeed Miata

Post by UsErNaMe »

Matt Cramer wrote:Under Fuel Settings -> AFR / EGO Control, change EGO 1 Port from "Normal EGO" to "Analog In 2". That should fix it.

Also, you'll want the wideband grounded to the block or cylinder head, as the factory wiring grounds the MSPNP to the cylinder head on these cars.
IT WORKED!!! :yeah!:

Thanks Matt!

I did end up using the voltage calibrations I found on another forum. The default AEM (30-4900) setting was making TS read about "1.0" point higher than the gauge, after the custom cal. I ended up in a .1 error, that's good enough for me!