Installed new Map, No response from ECU after insatall HELP!

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Glater91
MS/Extra Newbie

Installed new Map, No response from ECU after insatall HELP!

Post by Glater91 »

Hello,

I can not pull an MSQ NOR a datalog as my vehicle was left at the dyno garage, and my MS3pro ecu is not communicating . Please read my post entirely.

I am running Tuner Studio V2.6.14 I cannot pull firmware at the moment as ECU is not communicating.

I have a question, and am wondering if anyone has ever experienced what I have encountered today. So some backround.

Today, 4/16/2015 I took my vehicle (which had previously been tuned professionally) to be re-tuned on a higher pressure waste-gate actuator(32+psi). After a few pulls the tuner came and notified me that my current GM 2bar map sensor was maxing out on the recently adjusted, higher boost setting, and that I needed to install 3bar. Not an Issue, I have one with me in my wiring box. A quick fix to the "key" slot is to notch the pigtail with a razor blade. After performing some surgery, I then proceeded to install.

Verified ignition off, I then installed a brand new GM 3bar which I purchased from an autoparts store, ignition on and the new 3 bar was reading MAX in tunerstudio. The tuner cycled power, attempted to re-cal sensor, same result, red max signal. He then clicked Burn and TS immediately went into offline mode. Checked USB physical connection, no issues. Swapped usb B to another USB B with filters installed. Nothing.

I checked all external fuses into ecu, coils etc and verified they are all getting power, and distributing power also.

We attempted to start the vehicle, but it would not fire at all, and there is not output from the MS3 pro checked at coil and at injector.

My ECU is not in such an easy to reach location, and the vehicle was driven 2 hrs away to get tuned. I will check the internal fuse when I tow the vehicle home early next week. I wanted to at least see if there is anything else suggested to look for while I have the ECU open.

Given some info, does this sound like an internal fuse issue, or should I be concerned a more serious issue is at hand? I am worried I purchased a crap MAP sensor that has cost me more $$ and headache.

Thank you for your time, if you have any more questions please ask away.

Nathan
Nathan Davis //MS3 Pro\\ Tuner Studio V2.6.14
1990 Corrado 2.0l 20VT AEB
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Installed new Map, No response from ECU after insatall H

Post by billr »

I assume there is no connect and no firing with that new MAP sensor (electrically) disconnected?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Check the voltage on VREF. The most likely explanation that fits with your account is that a short on VREF blew an internal fuse.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Glater91
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Glater91 »

billr wrote:I assume there is no connect and no firing with that new MAP sensor (electrically) disconnected?
Yes sir that is correct. We even installed the old 2 bar just to check prior to looking for power and nothing.

Matt, thank you. Yes I will check that. I pray its only an internal fuse. Ordered a few and a new 3 bar MAP from MS. Will repost when I get more results.
Nathan Davis //MS3 Pro\\ Tuner Studio V2.6.14
1990 Corrado 2.0l 20VT AEB