MSPNP-Pro MSM04-05 Launch Control issue

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

UsErNaMe
MS/Extra Newbie

MSPNP-Pro MSM04-05 Launch Control issue

Post by UsErNaMe »

I can't seem to get LC to work. The manual said the OEM clutch switch is wired internally. So what port would that be? It defaults to "Digital Switched In 2", which is on the optional connector, right?

Do I need to wire it differently? or can the factory switch be used?

Thanks!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MSPNP-Pro MSM04-05 Launch Control issue

Post by Matt Cramer »

The MSPNP is set up so that Digital In 2 should trigger launch control. If it's not, please activate Port Status under Project Properties and make a data log of trying to use launch control.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
UsErNaMe
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by UsErNaMe »

Matt Cramer wrote:The MSPNP is set up so that Digital In 2 should trigger launch control. If it's not, please activate Port Status under Project Properties and make a data log of trying to use launch control.
Hey Matt,

It still wasn't working, so I have attached my datalog file. I also tried launch control with the clutch pressed in and in first gear in this datalog.

Thanks!

***Edit*** Matt, I realized you said "Digital In 2" which is on my optional connector (which I don't have my factory clutch switch hooked to). I was confusing it with "Digital Switched 2 In", So would I have to tap off my factory clutch switch? and if that's so, would it be the ground or positive wire?
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Sorry, I was being lazy. That should be "Digital Switched In 2".
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Check to be sure the J6 jumper is in place.
UsErNaMe
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by UsErNaMe »

Matt Cramer wrote:Check to be sure the J6 jumper is in place.
Yup, J6 jumper was in place...

So at this point I busted out my multimeter to check if there was any shorts along the jumper or PCB. I ended up tracing it to all points on the board to check continuity, they all checked out good...then I realized that one of the points I traced back to on the MS3 board was labed "DI1(5)"...hmm...maybe...

...so I went into TS and changed the default input that was "Digital Switched In 2" to "Digital Switched In 1" and BINGO! as soon as I pressed in the clutch the "Launch On" indicator turned green!

I have included a picture of the point I tested and was referencing.

I'm not sure why it default's to "Digital Switched In 2" instead of "Digital Switched In 1" but it worked!
My only logic is maybe the Non-mazdaspeed Miata clutch switch input is "Digital Switched In 2".