Sync Loss At 6k Reason 17

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Sync Loss At 6k Reason 17

Post by Bmettie »

I'm found that I can't free rev or under load rev past 6k. I've been reading and I do see that my trigger is close to the tooth, i was thinking about moving the rising/falling edge setting to move this, would that be a good place to start? I see that reason 17 is "second trigger not found when expected", I'm running a ND CPS on a 7MGTE 24-1, I tighted the gaps on the sensors I'm using and pulled the one i'm not all the way out, brand new shielded wiring grounded at the ecu side. I have no issues lower than 6k, i have a few under 6k revs in the logs. I made a data log and a tooth log and I'll post them along with my tune. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Sync Loss At 6k Reason 17

Post by grom_e30 »

you appear to miss a cam signal pulse in the log.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

Yea I see that. What would cause losing a cam trigger at high RPM?
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

The more I stare at these logs i see that the pre and post cam triggers around the lost sync are pretty much right on top of a crank trigger, so I did some searching and sounds like I should play with the active trigger points, then reset trigger 1 angle.
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

What does adding a resistor in line with the vr signal do to the signal to make the Ms happy?
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

on some setups the vr sensor voltage goes to high the resistor lowers this voltage.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
Bmettie
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Bmettie »

Yup, that was it. Finally got some time, changed my active edges, reset tooth 1 angle, and BAM. Full sync through the rev range! :yeah!: