crank trigger sensor : cherry or generic hall

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

crank trigger sensor : cherry or generic hall

Post by Yves »

I have the choice between a cherry hall sensor and the hall sensor from DIYautotune.

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/hall ... p-479.html

I couldn't pass on the cherry since it was cheap at just 32€ here.

Which one would be better. The DIY item fits my sensor bracket like a glove the cherry is too small for the hole, so I need to make something. On the other hand, the cherry allows for easy adjusting the distance from teh wheel.
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: crank trigger sensor : cherry or generic hall

Post by kaeman »

what are the temp specifications for the cherry hall sensor, the diyautotune sensor is rated for the temp under the hood/bonnet of your engine compartment, and has been tested to provide good signal up to 19,000 rpm with a 36-1 tooth wheel. I got the diyautotune sensor because I didn't want to take the chance that the sensor would fail from heat or vibration, so I got one with a proven track record.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

125°C
TheSilverBuick
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by TheSilverBuick »

I've been running a cherry sensor on my Skylark since 2011 and one on my Firebird for the last year with zero issues. Just needs a pull up circuit.

"Hey, at least the Skylark proves that even a messy hack can patch together a reliable EFI system. I can't think of a time the MegaSquirt has left me stranded since installation ~100,000 miles ago."

Drag Week 2011, 2012 & 2015. - BB N/A - 1977 Skylark w/Buick 455 EFI and TKO-600!
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

that temp should be fine. good luck.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.