SBC trigger sensor angle

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

SBC trigger sensor angle

Post by Yves »

I just mounted my trigger wheel on the car and tried several adjustments to see where I would end up as far as the sensor angle is concerned. This is 60-2 wheel, so each tooth is 6°. I have either 5 gaps between tooth nr 1 and the sensor or 8 gaps.

The manual says that 40° would be best, but the above make me end up either at around 30° or 48°. So what would be the better of the 2 ?
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: SBC trigger sensor angle

Post by racingmini_mtl »

48°. This is close to the middle of 2 cylinders TDC which is a good place.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
Yves
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Yves »

Thank you.

Can I ask another question related to my install : I'm going to use a Vortec distributor for the cam sensor. This has a hall sensor. Does this require a pull up resistor ?
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by kaeman »

lucky for us the ms3 can use just about any degrees to the missing tooth on setups using trigger wheels, your choice of 30 or 48 will be fine either way, mine is at 20 and is not having any sync issues, I believe the vortec distributor has the pull up resister built in.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.