ALS system not working with a switch

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

ALS system not working with a switch

Post by dochka »

Hi,
I'm just done mating a MS3 standalone ecu to an OEM Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 8 using a home made patch harness with a Denso connector..
Everything works great: fans, launch control, tacho, fuel pump priming, even ALS, but it's only turned on and off from the Tuner Studio software, i mean I can't leave it "On" in TS and control it by a Switch to ground on "Datalog In" let's say;
Another problem is the Stock Mitsubishi Stepper Idle valve doen't work, it has 6 pins , the 2 in the middle are +12V the others are for the 2 servo coils, didn't work.
Still have the A/C to setup and the Vehicle Speed Sensor...
Been a great project so far
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ALS system not working with a switch

Post by Matt Cramer »

:msq:
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

Matt Cramer wrote::msq:
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I see you are using the 1.4 beta code - do you have the same problem on 1.3.4 release firmware?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

Matt Cramer wrote:I see you are using the 1.4 beta code - do you have the same problem on 1.3.4 release firmware?
Yes,
I tried them both, no difference
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

look at status2 in the log, the whole time its jumping up and down = 4. something to do with 'launch in' wonder if thats your issue.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

grom_e30 wrote:look at status2 in the log, the whole time its jumping up and down = 4. something to do with 'launch in' wonder if thats your issue.
Yes Right, I see that all the time while the clutch pedal is disengaged !
When I depress the clutch pedal, It lights ON and stabilises and Launch control works
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

wonder if thats stopping the anti lag working
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by dontz125 »

[quote="dochka"Another problem is the Stock Mitsubishi Stepper Idle valve doen't work, it has 6 pins , the 2 in the middle are +12V the others are for the 2 servo coils, didn't work.[/quote]
Take a look at the manual, page 45:
Other manufacturers use 5- or 6-wire steppers which are uni-polar.

These are usually wired as shown in the schematic below, with a center tap on each of two windings. In use, the
center taps of the windings are typically wired to the 12V supply, and the two ends of each winding are
alternately grounded to reverse the direction of the field provided by that winding.
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
dochka
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by dochka »

dontz125 wrote:[quote="dochka"Another problem is the Stock Mitsubishi Stepper Idle valve doen't work, it has 6 pins , the 2 in the middle are +12V the others are for the 2 servo coils, didn't work.
Take a look at the manual, page 45:
Other manufacturers use 5- or 6-wire steppers which are uni-polar.

These are usually wired as shown in the schematic below, with a center tap on each of two windings. In use, the
center taps of the windings are typically wired to the 12V supply, and the two ends of each winding are
alternately grounded to reverse the direction of the field provided by that winding.
[/quote]
Thanks Dontz,
Yep, I used that schematic, it's listed in the mitsubishi manuals too...