Can I setup boost per gear using open loop control?

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

squirel6025
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Can I setup boost per gear using open loop control?

Post by squirel6025 »

Here is a MSQ and datalog of my turbo bike. I am currently using open loop boost control and need more boost in higher gears. Can anyone tell me how to setup boost per gear using my current setup without going to closed loop boost control? :D
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Can I setup boost per gear using open loop control?

Post by nathaninwa »

Yes you can. Looks like you can table switch based on gear, or use the Blend curve 6 option then use gear based as the Y option. You set table 1 to the lowest duty you want and table 2 to highest duty and then in th table you can pick each gears blend percent and after a few passes you can have open loop boost by gear setup
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
squirel6025
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by squirel6025 »

Thank you for your reply Sir.

Where in the manual did you find that info or can you link me to it?

Thank you. :D
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Not sure if it's described like that in the manual. I learned from ken and another member while trying to run boost by gear in closed loop but rather than a fixed boost I wanted a rising boost to flatline tq from peak to out the top end

Just messed enough from there to see you can blend open loop too

I see your on an older beta or the last stable release. The current 1.4rc16 which is due to be a release anytime has a unique boost setup. You can have closed loop spool setup no matter where your at in the rpm range, run closed loop boost by gear on the main page using target kpa's, but leave the closed loop program in a setup mode so you actually run a table in an open loop style tuning but can actually program each target independalty
squirel6025
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by squirel6025 »

Thank you will give that a try. :D
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Please look over the release notes when trying it. It's soon to become stable release, and even then it's imortant to read th notes. Look at th baro correction, you'll be clicking use old method so the tune doesn't change

There are some trick programmable Loop features

And in that code look for th bias table. That's your new tuning table. Setup the boost by gear on the main page with the kpa targets you'd like, then setup the bias table with the same targets. These are the rows you'll be tuning only for each target. Then notice on the main page there is a delta number, this is the kpa before your target that the code will the max valve value you have setup. So if target is 200, and the delta is 20, you'll run max valve value till 180kpa where then th code will use the 200 bias table row
squirel6025
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by squirel6025 »

Thank you sir :D