Help getting CL boost control vs speed VSS working

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Vortec350s10
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Help getting CL boost control vs speed VSS working

Post by Vortec350s10 »

Hey guys, I've got open loop boost control working fine, and have messed around with closed loop vs TPS and that seems to work. What I can't figure out is why boost VS speed isn't working. Judging by the target boost it seems to change over the 40% TPS threshold but doesn't target boost like it should based on VSS1. It's almost like VSS1 isn't being read by the CL boost control algorithm. VSS1 works for fan control and mpg and all of that so it must be something in my boost control settings. Can someone take a peek and tell me what I have wrong?
Thanks.
I'm running MS3 1.3.3.

MSQ and datalog attached.
Vortec350s10
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: Help getting CL boost control vs speed VSS working

Post by Vortec350s10 »

I did some more testing with the speed based CL boost control and noticed if I set the target KPA really high at low speeds on the chart it would respond. It's as if the resolution for the VSS isn't being read right by the CL boost algorithm. For example, comparing my data logs with my chart, 20mph in real life matched with the target KPA at around the 5mph part of the target graph. 65 mph corresponds to around 15 mph in the CL target graph. Anyone else notice this? I believe this to be a bug at least in the version I'm running.
That again is MS3 1.3.3 and TS 2.6.14.
Thanks.
Vortec350s10
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Vortec350s10 »

Did one more test and I've come to the conclusion that the speed setting in the CL target chart need to be divided by 10 to work.
So for setting target kpa for 50 mph, you set it at 5 mph. 70 is 7 mph, etc. So my graph spans from 0 mph to 7 mph. Over 70 mph I want to stay at the same boost so that's how I have it set. Works fine this way, just needed to figure out there's a factor of 10 error in the speed settings.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Interesting. Good catch. I was trying boost by mph and it was acting weird and the thought was I had the graph reveresed, read that curve he right direction, but the drop down menu was setup hi to low versus low to high and I have not had a chance to test yet. I'll keep this in mind when I make another test hit and report back. I'm 1.4.0RC
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Updated my thread on this subject with tune and datalog

http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 78#p447478
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

James has this fixed in 1.4.beta1. If you update read the release note thoroughly, lots of changes have been made and it's not a simple reload your msq and go type thing
Vortec350s10
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Vortec350s10 »

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in a while. That's great James got it fixed. Thanks for the info and follow through.