MS3 Pro on KA24DE(T)

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Ruff Ryder 6
MS/Extra Newbie

MS3 Pro on KA24DE(T)

Post by Ruff Ryder 6 »

Hi all,
I have a 240sx that I am trying to get working on MS3 Pro. I have all the other connections made, but when I tried to crank the car I got no RPM. I believe I am on the right track with my next guess...When I used the MS2Extra to run the car before I had to add the second input signal for the CMP sensor in the CAS. When I built this circuit before I used a pull-up resistor. With the MS3Pro and the sealed case where do I need to put the resistors (if that is my problem). The manual says that they need to go to 12v? It's an optical sensor and so it has 12v feeding it on one of the pins. So do I just put the resistor across to the 12v to the CMP wire or both wires at the sensor? Does it need it's own 12v wire coming from my distribution block? This is about the only thing that is confusing to me at this point. Any help would be appreciated. I feel like I'm really close.

I am attempting to follow this writeup, but there is no mention of MS3 Pro on the page, and the settings change for each type of board and version of MS.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3 Pro on KA24DE(T)

Post by nathaninwa »

Sometimes the setup needs that. Called a pull-up resistor. You can use the 12v that feeds the sensor (which powers the led inside only). I've done this before on a Dsm setup and right At the solder connections near the cas is where I did the 1k pull-up resistor

Make sure your using the black and yellow wires

I had tondo this just today with an ls3 sensor,jumpers the 5v power wire to ground as a pull-up to get an rpm reading
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
Ruff Ryder 6
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Ruff Ryder 6 »

Ok so I have gotten a little farther and have the wiring in place. I added the 1k resistors that came with the MS3Pro. I switched the inputs around because I thought I may have had that backwards. Still can't get a consistent RPM signal. It shows up every now and then when cranking and I have gone through all the trigger wheel setting combinations. Sometimes it would show RPM when I let go of the key. I have attached my current .msq a datalog and the tooth logger file. Need help because I am running out of time for a track event coming up. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

After doing a bit of reading, is it possible that the CAS is a 5v input with pullup not 12v? Currently feeding it 12v
Ruff Ryder 6
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Ruff Ryder 6 »

Well,
Answered myself on this one. The CAS on the Nissan stuff will only work with a 5v pull-up. 12v will not work correctly. Got the car started last night.