IS300 turbo 2jzge need help idling

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

ordg7341
MS/Extra Newbie

IS300 turbo 2jzge need help idling

Post by ordg7341 »

Newbie here needs help, I have a IS300 with turbo.
Stock injectors
Manual
AEM 3.5 Map sensor
AEM EUGO Wideband
AEM tru boost
Spark plugs are two step colder
Stock head gasket
TunerStudio MS v2.6.14
Latest MS3Pro firmware
looking to stay at 6-8psi until I get headgasket done and obviously the engine idling.
I recieved a ms3pro from tokensolution with a basemap and plug and play harness.
The car cranks over but is very slow and stalls out within 2 to 10 seconds depending on what I do with the Afterstart enrichement, the cranking dwell, the nominal dwell (ms), ignition advance and crank advance. I have a few times managed to get it to slowly idle and run longer by apply throttle tho. However, when I did that the engine was smoking a bit.
Those are the only things I've messed with. Can anyone help me with the proper settings for the settings I've played with? Does anyone have a basemap I can use that will get the ball rolling. Or a tuner that is local in the Jersey Shore area that can get me going?
Sorry If I posted in the wrong section.

MY DATALOG (2.49 mb too large for attachment)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kz5w1fkb7v8t2 ... 9.msl?dl=0

please help me
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: IS300 turbo 2jzge need help idling

Post by Matt Cramer »

Is Token Solutions being any help?

Also, can you post the MSQ?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
ordg7341
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ordg7341 »

I just messaged them about it.

Here's my MSQ. Thanks in advance.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Fix the MAP sensor wiring / calibration. It's reading minus 12 kPa.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
ordg7341
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ordg7341 »

ok thank you, should I try and start the car after I fix that?
Also, are all my Dwells and advances good the way they are?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

couple things I noticed. Your injectros seem a little small for your boost level you want to run. Under the general settings tab, click the include afr target. It will make tuning easier down the road. What kind of fuel are you using. Do you have an idle control motor? Its currently turned off, so based on its postion, your throttle may need opened up to maintain idle. cranking dwell is fine but maybe lower nominal dwell to about 2.5 Are your running the stock igniter? It will limit dwell anyways to about 2.2ms
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
matthunter1448
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by matthunter1448 »

What did u do about the stock throttle only opening half way ?
ordg7341
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ordg7341 »

nathaninwa wrote:couple things I noticed. Your injectros seem a little small for your boost level you want to run. Under the general settings tab, click the include afr target. It will make tuning easier down the road. What kind of fuel are you using. Do you have an idle control motor? Its currently turned off, so based on its postion, your throttle may need opened up to maintain idle. cranking dwell is fine but maybe lower nominal dwell to about 2.5 Are your running the stock igniter? It will limit dwell anyways to about 2.2ms
Thanks so i just got some time on my hands to try and make some corections and get something going. I'm gonna go adjust things a little based on what you guys said. If it doesn't work I'll repost my msq and datalog again.
matthunter1448 wrote:What did u do about the stock throttle only opening half way ?
Oh I have not done anything to the throttle. What should I be doing to fix that?
matthunter1448
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by matthunter1448 »

Well I welded a piece in mine so it opens fully. And it basically got rid of the half drive by wire half drive by cable its actually for sale
ordg7341
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ordg7341 »

nathaninwa wrote:couple things I noticed. Your injectros seem a little small for your boost level you want to run. Under the general settings tab, click the include afr target. It will make tuning easier down the road. What kind of fuel are you using. Do you have an idle control motor? Its currently turned off, so based on its postion, your throttle may need opened up to maintain idle. cranking dwell is fine but maybe lower nominal dwell to about 2.5 Are your running the stock igniter? It will limit dwell anyways to about 2.2ms
oh I missed this part, I am running pump gas 93 octane. I have no idle motor. I have adjusted everything you mentioned. I'm gonna go back to the car and try and run it I'll be back.
ordg7341
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ordg7341 »

I had my car running on stock ecu until it idled to coolant range of 160F. I was checking the oil return line and coolant flow to the turbo. I then plugged the ms3pro back in. I updated all the settings. I attempted to start the car and the same things happened. It cranks but it wont idle. it wont idle past 1 second unless I apply gas. With gas it might last two seconds more.
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Have you had a chance to sync timing? Even while cranking you can watch it
ordg7341
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ordg7341 »

nathaninwa wrote:Have you had a chance to sync timing? Even while cranking you can watch it
No I have not. How exactly do I go about that?
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Under ignition setup page lock timing to like 10* and crank it while strobing with a light. Then adjust the trigger offset till timing shows 10 on the balancer
dfornari
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by dfornari »

matthunter1448 wrote:Well I welded a piece in mine so it opens fully. And it basically got rid of the half drive by wire half drive by cable its actually for sale
hey can you pm me on this im interested
ordg7341
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by ordg7341 »

nathaninwa wrote:Under ignition setup page lock timing to like 10* and crank it while strobing with a light. Then adjust the trigger offset till timing shows 10 on the balancer
So I've done this and the car will run a second or two longer. The car refuses to idle! Ive noticed that if i apply gas at startup it will not open the throttle at all or it doesn't help at all. Can anyone please help me? What am i doing wrong?
WillExoIX
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by WillExoIX »

Sounds like the drive by wire half of the throttle doesnt know what to do cause the MS wont control it.
Megasquirt 2 V3.0 Running Msextra 3.4.2. in a 1989 Camaro RS .48AR/60mm Turbo 3.4L/700R4
Boost control, Fan control, Stepper IAC, Launch/Antilag, Working on the GMDIS, and Methanol injection
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I forgot this is a dbw type of idle control and the intake does not have an icv. Get the throttle mechanically bonded so it works with the pedal, crack the blade open so it will idle and look into adding a Pwm idle motor so it has a chance
matthunter1448
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by matthunter1448 »

nathaninwa wrote:I forgot this is a dbw type of idle control and the intake does not have an icv. Get the throttle mechanically bonded so it works with the pedal, crack the blade open so it will idle and look into adding a Pwm idle motor so it has a chance
I have one for sale. Works from full close to full open.
dfornari
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by dfornari »

matthunter1448 wrote:
nathaninwa wrote:I forgot this is a dbw type of idle control and the intake does not have an icv. Get the throttle mechanically bonded so it works with the pedal, crack the blade open so it will idle and look into adding a Pwm idle motor so it has a chance
I have one for sale. Works from full close to full open.
contact me at 2484969058 i am interested