PC crashed, can you.....

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

JTB321
Helpful MS/Extra'er

PC crashed, can you.....

Post by JTB321 »

Following a laptop crash and recovery I unfortunately do not have my last TS project anymore. Is it possible to upload from the MS3 the last saved tune ad then recover the project set up?

Thanks, John
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: PC crashed, can you.....

Post by billr »

Sure, it can easily be done. You open TS with some project (even a "sample") and then power-on the MS to "connect". You will then get a prompt saying the TS and controller (MS ECU) settings don't match and have a choice between using TS settings or those on the controller. Use the ones from the controller and it will upload its precious info to the TS project you have open. Then "save as". Wait for somebody else to confirm I have given you the correct procedure, haven't made a mistake. I do not want to mislead you and have you lose this chance to recover your tune!

Edit: did you ever post your tune here, looking for help? That can be recovered from here and would be a great place to start from, even if a lot is out of date .
JTB321
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JTB321 »

Thanks Bill, anyone else with thoughts to support Bill's idea?

Cheers, John
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

you will be able to recover the msq (tune file) off the ecu that way, but anything from before like data logs, custom dashboards and tune restore points will still be gone.

the project is saved on the computer hard drive not the ecu.
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
JTB321
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by JTB321 »

Thanks