Question About Preserving The MSQ In an MS3

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Scottie-GNZ
Master MS/Extra'er

Question About Preserving The MSQ In an MS3

Post by Scottie-GNZ »

Trying to help a buddy with an MS3X who's laptop had problems and had to be wiped clean. TS has been reinstalled but he had nothing backed up, so the only existing copy of the MSQ is the one in the MS3X. I know we will have to create a new project and wanted to know if there is a way to save the MSQ to the laptop. My concern is that we might need to reload the firmware or the default startup MSQ might get loaded and overwrite existing MSQ.

Appreciate any advice on how to proceed.

TIA,
Scottie
Turbo LS Volvo 244
8.746 @ 154.94
kaeman
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Question About Preserving The MSQ In an MS3

Post by kaeman »

hey Scottie, I believe that when you first power up the megasquirt with the laptop attached and tunerstudio opened, it will do a compare on the tunes, VERY IMPORTANT: just tell it to use the tune from the controller, NOT the current tunerstudio settings, then the existing tune in the vehicle will become the "current tune" in the tuner studio project. then go to the menu and select file save as and rename the file with something like "original" tune. then if you need to go backwards you will have the tune to fall back on. Creating a new project should not erase the current tune in the megasquirt.
Good Luck. I had to do this when my old laptop went to the scrap heap.
64 el camino, 383 SBC, 11.7 to1 CR, accufab tb/rhs intake, 44lb injectors, trick flow heads, xr292r solid roller cam, belt drive camshaft, dry sump oil system, 2400 stall, turbo 350, spooled 9 inch, strange axles, 3.89 gears, dual wideband, full sequential fuel/cop, MS3x using 1.4.1 code.
Scottie-GNZ
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Question About Preserving The MSQ In an MS3

Post by Scottie-GNZ »

Thanks, man. Once I get this done, I plan to use this MS3X as a test to replace mine as I am completely out of ideas on what else to check to fix the issue in my car.
Scottie
Turbo LS Volvo 244
8.746 @ 154.94