Use Tunerstudio/MS3 PRO to power starter relay ??

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Borgli1
MS/Extra Newbie

Use Tunerstudio/MS3 PRO to power starter relay ??

Post by Borgli1 »

Hi

I am using ms3 pro in my boat, and I'm wondering if I can use tunerstudio/ms3 pro to start the engine. As in me having a start stop button on the tunerstudio dash that powers/switches a relay?. I am using a Microsoft surface pro as a dash instead if gauges and figured it would be cool to be able to use that for starting and stopping.

Thanks!
Ollie8974
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Use Tunerstudio/MS3 PRO to power starter relay ??

Post by Ollie8974 »

I am finding almost anything is possible with MS. I would think with the addition of some wiring and a relay,it would work.
configuring the surface pro would be the next step.
You might post this question in the Tuner Studio forum.
Laminar
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Use Tunerstudio/MS3 PRO to power starter relay ??

Post by Laminar »

It would be easy enough to configure a programmable output to monitor RPM and an input and activate a relay tied to the starter relay, but that would require a physical button feeding the MS3 input.

Jean has a push-button start function built-in to the software for his IOx board. Again, that requires a physical button.

Symtech created a plug-in that allows you to kill the engine via a software button, though the button is not directly on the TS dashboard, but a separate window. Symtech did not thing TS would support the addition of their button at the time.

If that's possible, it's not too much of a stretch to think that you can use a software button to look at a couple of inputs and, if they check out, activate an output until conditions change (say, rpm > 400).