ms3x help enabling more inputs/sensors

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

blue88coupe
MS/Extra Newbie

ms3x help enabling more inputs/sensors

Post by blue88coupe »

I've got a ms3x setup running well in my car and am enjoying it. I'm looking to enable a few more input sensors for logging and the documentation isn't real clear on some of this stuff, specifically what all wires I can use for input and what sensors / pig tails I should use. I have a ton of extra wires not being used. The stuff i'd like to enable are:

fuel pressure - ? what input wire should I use and what sensor are you guys using (i'd like to stick with simple easy to find gm stuff if possible)
oil pressure - ? same thing here
co2 pressure - ? i've seen guys using an oil pressure sensor for fuel/oil/co2, anyone have a part number?
drive shaft speed sensor - ? i'd like to use this to track when I'm spinning and maybe enable traction control, i'd put a collar on my drive shaft and what ever sensor
trans temp - ? any recommendations for this? I have a sensor already in the lines just not hooked into any input wire
boost control solenoid - ? This is pretty straight forward, use the boost wire and buy the solenoid.

the stuff I'm already using:

spool valve control - pp5/nitrous 2
data log switch - datalog
3step - tableswitch
launch in - launch in
bump ( turbo staging button ) - nitrous IN
trans brake in - same as launch control
trans brake out - injector bank 1
fan control - Idle
fuel pump - fuel pump
IAT - manifold air temp
map sensor - built in
flex fuel - flex input
tach - tacho
coils
injectors
throttle position
coolant
crank
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3x help enabling more inputs/sensors

Post by Matt Cramer »

blue88coupe wrote:I've got a ms3x setup running well in my car and am enjoying it. I'm looking to enable a few more input sensors for logging and the documentation isn't real clear on some of this stuff, specifically what all wires I can use for input and what sensors / pig tails I should use. I have a ton of extra wires not being used. The stuff i'd like to enable are:

fuel pressure - ? what input wire should I use and what sensor are you guys using (i'd like to stick with simple easy to find gm stuff if possible)
oil pressure - ? same thing here
LS1 oil pressure will be OK for oil, and quite likely for fuel.
co2 pressure - ? i've seen guys using an oil pressure sensor for fuel/oil/co2, anyone have a part number?
How much pressure do you need?
drive shaft speed sensor - ? i'd like to use this to track when I'm spinning and maybe enable traction control, i'd put a collar on my drive shaft and what ever sensor
I'm biased, but how about this?

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/hall ... p-479.html

Looks like you've got the three spare analog inputs free to use temperature / pressure sensors on. You could potentially mod the box to bring out JS4 and JS5 for extra I/O.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X