Trouble upgrading from 1-3-1 to 1-4-0

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hobieboy
Master MS/Extra'er

Trouble upgrading from 1-3-1 to 1-4-0

Post by hobieboy »

Hi,
After upgrading from 1-3-1 to 1-4-0 just now, I keep getting an error message that Serial Failure due to 3 failed attempts to read data.
I have enclosed a screen shot of the error message - as you can see that TS just displayed the "difference report" and I haven't even had a chance to go through what it is.

This happened when I opened TS for the 1st time after MS3 is upgraded to 1-4-0. TS warned me of wrong ECU signature, then it downloads the appropriate file from efianalytics.com (I am using TS 2.6.19) after I selected update ECU signature. The tune was the one that I was using with 1-3-1. I tried ignore (close) this window and select "Send Current TunerStudio Setting" from TS but it doesn't work.

Appreciate any input of what to do from here.

thanks!
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Trouble upgrading from 1-3-1 to 1-4-0

Post by racingmini_mtl »

It seems that you have a CAN device in your project. I don't know which device you have but there are a couple of issues with CAN in the v1.4.0 firmware. I would recommend you go with the beta version which corrects those: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 25&t=59596.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
hobieboy
Master MS/Extra'er

Re: Trouble upgrading from 1-3-1 to 1-4-0

Post by hobieboy »

Hi Jean,
Upgraded to 1.4.1-beta per what you suggested and it fixed the problem :D
I am using one of your IOX/EGT module :)
Have to see if it works now - battery is dead unfortunately after all the testing done

thanks!