RX7 K24 TURBO POWERED DRIFTER

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

perriwe
MS/Extra Newbie

RX7 K24 TURBO POWERED DRIFTER

Post by perriwe »

Guys, need advise...
I installed many many ms1, ms2 never ms3 but it's the same thing just a little more complex.
The thing is, a friend of mine started a project car, it's an old rx7 with a 370z tranny and a k24 (cr-v 2014), as i read everywhere the ivtec it's controled by a pwm signal, for this project is it necesary? we don't mind about fuel eficiency or sequential injection IT's A TURBOCHARGED RACE ENGINE!
I have the OEM ECU, the engine is running perfectly because it only has 139 km (literaly!!!)
options:
1. leave everything as it is and add a ms1 as a piggyback (remaping the ignition on stock ECU or even maybe controling ignition with the ms1)
2. disable ivtec, removing stock ecu and installing a ms1 or ms2 as a stanalone with boost control
3. ms3 controling ivtec and boost
4. hondata? :roll:
what do you think it's my best option? I've got no experience with ms3 and no experience with hondas!

greetings from argentine!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: RX7 K24 TURBO POWERED DRIFTER

Post by Matt Cramer »

I'd use an MS3 controlling the iVTEC setup, myself. Best to have one point of tuning for everything.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
radial
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: RX7 K24 TURBO POWERED DRIFTER

Post by radial »

I've seen the results with vtec vs no vtec and you really dont want to go the non vtec route.

For a drifter, the low RPM gains of systems like vtec is worth it's weight in gold.
And it's already there, just needs to be controlled correctly... vtec it! :yeah!:
Toyota JZX90 Mark II drifter
1JZ-GTE, 12+1 on MS3x, 6x LS7 D514's, 510cc, all stock sensors