Anti-lag injector placement

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Anti-lag injector placement

Post by racerron »

Trying to get an idea of a place to put a fuel nozzle upstream from the turbine to help spool the turbo. I was just going to use a fuel nozzle and a solenoid from a nitrous system about 4 inches from the turbine. Will that work? What does most people do?
Space387
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Anti-lag injector placement

Post by Space387 »

Im not increadibly familiar with the ALS in most cars but from a little reading and a little knowledge of combustion you will need more than just fuel in the exhaust to cause this to happen. There should not be enough o2 left in your exhaust gas to burn fresh fuel injected by itself. What is your plan for air injection? If you dont have one there is an option for tuning the car to run a little rich when not under load and force the aic valve to keep idle up a little. For my own personal what is the drive for an Anti lag system?
94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
5.7L LT1 (optispark)
Ms3+3x
rickb794
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by rickb794 »

Better to spray a shot of Nitrous in the intake to get it spooled. Makes some power and wakes up the turbo.
Correctly identify your MS ecu here
Read the Do's and Don'ts to avoid the common pitfalls before starting your install or asking for help
Use only these manuals other manuals may cause brain damage or worse.
xrattiracer
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by xrattiracer »

most people do not inject fuel directly into the exhaust. severely retarding the timing and overly enrichening the mixture is sufficient in most cases, which the ALS code already does.
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

Ok thank you for everyone's help. I just want to lessen the time because once you bump into the staging beams there's only a second or a second and a half befor the tree comes down.
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

So the Code uses several strategies For the ALS. What does most people do? When I press the trans brake button my ignition goes to 23° and I usually set the launch KPA at 150. I don't use nitrous oxide. So I'm going just wondering what's the best way?
xrattiracer
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by xrattiracer »

oh youre talking about staging for drag racing, not antilag as it is usually used.
in that case i would agree with the earlier advice to use nitrous. otherwise you are going to have to figure out how to start spooling things up before you fully stage and lock the transbrake.
racerron
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by racerron »

That ALS will not work at the starting line?
xrattiracer
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Post by xrattiracer »

it will, but not as effectively as the 2 step limiter will. ALS is active only when the throttle is otherwise normally closed, like when coasting or braking.