TBI GM MS3 PRO

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Nosman
MS/Extra Newbie

TBI GM MS3 PRO

Post by Nosman »

I'm in the process of building a turbo'd 4.3 Chev V6 with as MS3Pro, but in the meantime I'd like to get familiar with the setup etc so I've installed a TBI 4.3 complete with stock injectors etc. The injectors are 1.4 ohm, and I see in the manual it says the Pro won't directly support the use of low impedance injectors. Is there a quick and easy way to run these injectors for now until I get the other multiport setup built?
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: TBI GM MS3 PRO

Post by billr »

Yes, search in the manual for info on "injector dropping resistors". It may not be the optimal solution, but the engine should run OK to play with and the MS3Pro drivers will be sure to be protected (probably already are, internally).
Nosman
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Nosman »

I just did a search on those terms and didn't find anything relevant. Would there be a drawback to using 2 of the 3 extra 5A outputs with resistors?
billr
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by billr »

I'm not familiar with the Pro, so don't know what other drivers you are referring to. I'm sure Matt from DIY will join in here early tomorrow. In the meanwhile, start reading towards the bottom of this page to learn about use of resistors:

http://www.msextra.com/doc/pdf/html/MS3 ... e-1.4.html

Edit: Darn, that takes you to the beginning of the manual. You want this chapter: 4.10.2.4 Batch-fire - low impedance injectors - Injector Resistors
DaveEFI
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by DaveEFI »

Nosman wrote:I'm in the process of building a turbo'd 4.3 Chev V6 with as MS3Pro, but in the meantime I'd like to get familiar with the setup etc so I've installed a TBI 4.3 complete with stock injectors etc. The injectors are 1.4 ohm, and I see in the manual it says the Pro won't directly support the use of low impedance injectors. Is there a quick and easy way to run these injectors for now until I get the other multiport setup built?
Don't know your original setup, but in general it's done one of two ways.

1)Resistors inside the ECU.

2)An external resistor pack.

But you could use individual resistors. Normal way is to fit them in the +12v supply to each injector.
Rover SD1 3.5 EFI
MS2 V3
EDIS
Tech Edge O2
London UK.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

I would use one 5 ohm, 25 to 50 watt resistor per injector. Like these:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/e ... ND/1646198

Or you could use an Acceleronics Versafueler or other peak and hold device - but that may be overkill for a quick test of the system.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
Nosman
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by Nosman »

Thank you for the suggestions, I'll grab a couple of resistors tomorrow and have at it.