ms3x in suzuki swift gti

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3x in suzuki swift gti

Post by shaheryarkhan »

attached r the fresh tooth and composite log that i tool 10 mnts ago, plus i upgraded the firmware 1.4.1 to check if it resolves the problem. its fresh tune is also attached. i tried some settings on the noise filters and it help me get rid of the humming at idle but the main problem remains as it is no matter what noise filter combination i tried. took the log during driving on all 5 gears.

thanks.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Turn the noise filtering off. It's filtering out the real signal at high RPM.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

when i flashed the ecu, noise filters were off completely.. after couple of runs i turned it on. problem exists wit or without noise filter.. what do u suggest ! shud i try some other vr sensor? and what abt the afr readings?

and it happens on both ecu's. i even tried ms2 which is running perfectly on other car having 80% of the same specs. vr sensor on that one is different.

thanks
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Please post a tooth log without any noise filtering at all (including tach interrupt masking and the other settings) and the matching MSQ. The noise filtering problem in your tooth log prevented me from seeing what was happening because it was causing the MS to ignore the input completely.
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

tooth log with noise filters completely off, is attached along with the current tune file. hope this problem resolves....

thanks
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

It's sometimes missing the teeth - try a tighter sensor gap.
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

Ok ill try do that. And if i switch to hall effect sensor which is avlble on diyautotune site, will it clear the signal completely?

Thanks
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

?????????????????
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

other then cas problem. i compared the logs from both cars and i found that afr goes to 21 on wot around 5k rpm with bigger injectors thn ms2 unit car and wont go further and does kinda soft limiter thing. on the ms2 unit car, afr sticks around 10 to 12 utill the limiter hits at 7500 rpm. car with the ms2 is using smaller injectors but with the new fuel pump, so my guess is my fuel pump taps out at high revs and this may b also the problem. now im trying to put two instead of one 200lph fuel pumps to get rid of the pressure loss problem. lets see how it goes and will update soon after installing the pumps.

thanks.
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

update:

checked the car after installing two parallel intank fuel pumps. set the fpr for 40psi at idle. now i was able to hit almost 7k rpm and the afr sticks around 10 to 11. my target rpm mark was 7800 rpm but there were some sync losses thts y i think car was unable to reach that mark. need some tweaking with the vr adjustments. will update soon after finalizing those adjustments

thanks