ms3x in suzuki swift gti

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

ms3x in suzuki swift gti

Post by shaheryarkhan »

Hello All,

i hav been using ms2 v3.0 with ms2extra firmware 3.3.3 on suzuki swifts G13b N/A motor for over a year now. this motor uses a single coil and 12 teeth distributor type vr sensor for rpm sync and spark output from leds. Now im starting a new project with another swift gti G13b Turbo motor. already bought ms3x357 firmware 1.0.2. i upgraded the firmware to 1.2.0a and remove the expansion card because i have no use of this initially (i think). this motor has all the same accessories as the previous motor using ms2 v3.0. ms2 extra firmware and ms3 has the same wiring. i have wired up the ms3 to the new motor. i m even getting the rpm sync properly on cranking for couple of seconds. in test mode, fuel pump is turning on but the coil and injectors are not firing up. using the honda high impedance injectors. do i need to jump some points to use the leds spark output like i did in ms2. pics of currently configured ms3x is attached.

hope to get some positive feed back soon.

REGARDS
20151102_144235.jpg
20151102_145811.jpg
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: ms3x in suzuki swift gti

Post by dontz125 »

do i need to jump some points to use the leds spark output like i did in ms2.
Yes.

Or, you could put the 3X card back in and change your spark output setting from 'LED Spark' to 'MS3X'.
Temporarily shut down - back soon!
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
grom_e30
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by grom_e30 »

msq?
1990 bmw 320i daily driver with m20b25 ms3 sequential fuel, 380cc injectors, d585 coil near plug, home made cam sync, launch control, fan control, vss, homebrew egt logging what's next????
jsmcortina
Site Admin

Post by jsmcortina »

shaheryarkhan wrote: i upgraded the firmware to 1.2.0a
That's quite an old firmware. Upgrade to the current one.

James
I can repair or upgrade Megasquirts in UK. http://www.jamesmurrayengineering.co.uk

My Success story: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 04&t=34277
MSEXTRA documentation at: http://www.msextra.com/doc/index.html
New users, please read the "Forum Help Page".
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

Thanks for your replies .. ill update the firmware and then post the msq file today. ill also try using the expansion card output and set the spark mode to ms3x output.

thanks again..
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

hello again guys,

i was not sure about the wiring so i put in the ms2 that i bought unassembled. car runs smooth with no boost when i remove boost pipe to make it run like N/A motor, but when i try to run it with boost 18psi, it hesitates to go above 5k rpm and backfires. i didnt change fuel table and ignition table and kept it to default after flashing the firmware. plz have a look at the msq and logs tht i hav taken.. ill update the ms3 firmware and give it a try today then upload the log and msq file.

Regards
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

plus can u guys also help me out or point me to some direction from where i can copy or may be understand something to make the ignition and fuel tables for both my ms2 and ms3 ecus.. im planning to run it with boost around 18psi and 8.5:1 compression.

thanx
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

can any one plz show me a diagram or tell me how to or what hardware changes do i hav to make for led spark output on ms3 without the expansion card using ms3's main port and std fuel injection using the same port as it does on ms2. i tried selecting stnd fuel option and then selecting semi/sequential option but when i power cycle the ecu it gives me a conflict error. i even upgraded to the latest 1.4.0 release and still no results in in/out test mode, no spark and no injector clicking. just fuel pump relay and fuel pump going on and off like it does on ms2 normally. vr signal is i think clear cuz it shows me cranking smoothly around 200rpm.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

shaheryarkhan wrote:can any one plz show me a diagram or tell me how to or what hardware changes do i hav to make for led spark output on ms3 without the expansion card using ms3's main port and std fuel injection using the same port as it does on ms2.
Same mods as MS2.

If you're getting a settings conflict, please post the MSQ that gives you this error and a screen shot of the error message.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

Matt Cramer wrote:
shaheryarkhan wrote:can any one plz show me a diagram or tell me how to or what hardware changes do i hav to make for led spark output on ms3 without the expansion card using ms3's main port and std fuel injection using the same port as it does on ms2.
Same mods as MS2.

If you're getting a settings conflict, please post the MSQ that gives you this error and a screen shot of the error message.

received the coil driver mod kit on Wednesday afternoor. will hook it up to the ecu in a couple of days and let u know how it works.

here is the solution to my other ms2 related problem. will try the same for my ms3x.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 01&t=60616
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

helloo matt,

finally got time to get back on the project. in ms3x, i hav soldered the bip373 coil driver mod kit tht i received last month. initially i want to use the ms3 without the expansion card, so i hav removed it and tried to fire up the engine without it. injectors and coil are tested using test mode and they seems to be perfectly working like they were on ms2 unit. i connected the ms3 to the same wiring using ms2 withe ms2 extra firmware. selected almost the same option as i did on ms2 but the motor is not firing up. on ms2 i am using sequential/semi-sequential injection and 1 squirt per cycle, but when i select the same option is ms3 using std fuel output and 1 squirt per cycle it gives me error. however when i use 4 squirt per cycle, the error was gone but still not firing up. rpm sync is perfect because i know now how to perfectly sync the rpm. afr goes low showing fuel inection but car only misfires and does not start.

i am attaching the msq from ms2 that i am using the car on and works perfectly, and the msq from the ms3 that i wanted to use now on the same motor.

regards.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Please also post a data log of the starting issue on the MS3.
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

you mean take a tooth log while cranking the motor?
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

data logs of both ecus are attached along with tooth log. working perfect on ms2 but on ms3 it some times starts and hesitate to idle..
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

The RPM reading looks good; it mostly appears that the MS3 is supplying less fuel. Also confirm that the timing is correct.
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

ok matt. ill check both and thn get back to you...

regards.
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

hello again matt,

every thing good so far. i hav extracted the stock N/A ecu tune file using tuner pro and converted into a text file attached in this post. can u hav a look and tell me how to put in the ignition map data on to the ms3 ecu ignition map table. should i copy or put it as it is into the ms3 ignition table upto the 100 Kpa mark? as it is for the NA motor and retard the timing above the 100kpa under boot load?

i am asking u this because i am unsure about the x-axis and y-axis or which way is the rpm or ignition load in this stock table that i hav extracted using tuner pro... rpm points and ignition load not shown, just the values..

base timing of my engine is 6 at 1000rpm idle and total timing is 34 max at 4000 rpm and onwards.

thanks.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Generally attempting to translate a stock ECU tune into an MS3 tune is considerably more complicated than simply creating a new tune file from scratch. I am not sufficiently familiar with the stock ECU's internal logic to attempt it myself.
shaheryarkhan
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by shaheryarkhan »

hello again matt.

im back at it again. every thing is running fine and smooth with full output on my ms2 project. but this ms3 project is still giving me trouble. ive checked the vr conditioner circuit a guided on the diyautotune site. u7 chip seems to be fine. i still can get pass 5000 rpm on this motor running ms3 without expansion card. ive put two 10k resistor inline with the vr +ve wire, one close to ecu 2 inches out db37 connector, and one under the hood, but still have the same trouble.

ive check the ecu in other car which running ms2 perfectly, and on that car ms3 is working fine like it shud. so my final thought now is may be the vr sensor is not of the same specs from the ms2 car in which both ecu works fine or may be fuel is not enough for going above 5k. at 5000rpm it looks like it hits a soft limiter.

even used the auto tune analyzer after registering online to work on the ve table but still the same problem.

i took the logs and current tune. please have a look and help me to solve this final puzzle. csv file link is below.

thanks again man. u've been a lot of help... TC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwRSdf ... sp=sharing
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Can you post a tooth log and a composite log of the high RPM problem?