Help with Diagnose Sync Loss

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hobieboy
Master MS/Extra'er

Help with Diagnose Sync Loss

Post by hobieboy »

I had been chasing the problem where as soon as I touch the gas pedal the car would die (http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 34&t=60636). I started this new thread because I seem to be chasing a sync loss problem now which was not the case before so I start this new thread here rather than in the Tuning forum.

In the attached data log, you can see that as soon as I let go of gas pedal, RPM starts to drop, MAP rises. At secL=130, there is a sync loss followed by 2 more in the next 2-3 seconds. I have included the Sync Loss log that I also started and it did capture all 3 sync loss.

Did I read the Sync Loss log correct that the reason for the sync loss is MS3 did not detect missing tooth in all 3 cases?

Is this a matter of adjusting R52/R56 again or what steps should I consider taking to get rid of this sync loss?

I am not sure if it is related but another new problem is fuel pressure - I used to have very steady and correct fuel pressure but as the data log shows, after the sync loss, pressure went crazy. In fact, I didn't include the earlier part of the log - before I start pressing on gas pedal the fuel pressure was as crazy as this and AFR reflected that as it was running leaner (~13.7 as opposed to the ~12.2 in the beginning part of this log).

Appreciate any thoughts and helps!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Help with Diagnose Sync Loss

Post by Matt Cramer »

Unfortunately, I'm not seeing a sync loss in the sync error log. Can you see if you can catch it in a tooth log instead?
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
hobieboy
Master MS/Extra'er

Post by hobieboy »

Here's another datalog showing same issue and the associated ToothLog.
I think the log says the missing tooth is missing?
Appreciate help with analysis and what I need to look at fixing

thanks!
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

Yes, that catches it. If this is a VR sensor, try a 10K resistor inline with the VR sensor wire.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X