5.0 tach signal sync issue

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

CRSTune
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: 5.0 tach signal sync issue

Post by CRSTune »

Assuming a firing order of 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8

Bank 1: 1, 4, 6, 7
Bank 2: 2, 3, 5, 8

Blue: Bank 1
Green: Bank 2
I'm in the VA/DC area! Let me know if I can help you locally! I offer tuning and troubleshooting services.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 37&t=64269
Email me directly at CRSTune@gmail.com

Personal Vehicle:
'92 Nissan 240sx, KA24DET, GT2860RS, MS3X, Coil-on-Plug
darthmayndawg
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by darthmayndawg »

UPDATE !! AUG 1, 2017
302, MS3X, BATCHFIRE, HALL DIZZY, 32-1 CRANK TRIGGER WHEEL + SENSOR, MSD6AL2

EVERYTHING IS WIRED CORRECTLY FOR FUEL ONLY, EXCEPT MAYBE:
-MSD BOX- GREY WIRE SAYS TACH OUTPUT SO THAT IS TO RPM GAUGE AND BLUE/WHITE WIRE TRIGGER IS CONNECTED TO GREEN/ORANGE TACH WIRE FROM DB37 PLUG (correct me if that is wrong).
-MALLORY UNILITE DISTRIBUTOR has RED, BLACK AND SHIELD WIRE, IT IS MY UNDERSTANDING I WILL NOT BE NEEDING IT FOR TIMING AND IT CAN BE USED USING RED AND BLACK WIRE AND TYING OFF SHIELD WIRE (correct me if I am wrong).

* I ran I/O test mode with injectors and heard and felt the clicking but couldn't verify if it was correct for the batch fire sequence. I am going to say that it is good considering I have been okay thus far. I am going to store in a few minutes during my lunch and for purchase of 5 more feet of fuel plumbing and a few fittings to finally prime and start this beast. SO I CAN LOG AND SHARE AND HEAR WHAT YALL HAVE TO SAY !!
Blue Coupe
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Blue Coupe »

Check out this thread, it's a similar set-up.
http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 31&t=62328
Erik
1988 Mustang, 357W Clevor, 12.5:1 pistons, 2bbl Cleveland heads, Street Boss intake converted to EFI, 30lb/hr injectors (Red Tops), MS3.57 Extra, Full Sequential Injection, 190L/hr pump, TFI, MSD 6AL, T5 transmission.