Porsche 930 Twin-Plug Wiring Question, MS3Pro

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

nkowi
MS/Extra Newbie

Porsche 930 Twin-Plug Wiring Question, MS3Pro

Post by nkowi »

Beginning the installation of a Megasquirt system into my twin-plugged 1980 Porsche 930 and am hoping someone here can help with a wiring question.

Along with the MS3Pro, I have a pair of DIY Autotune's IGN-6 coils and a pair of their Quad-Spark modules. I'm not certain whether I should be using all four outputs from one of the Quad-Sparks and the first two outputs from the other, or the A, B and C outputs from each (I'm leaning toward the ABCs).

I've attached a diagram I came up with - here's hoping I can get some solid input as to whether what I came up with will work or if I need to make some changes.

Thanks,

Norm
dontz125
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Porsche 930 Twin-Plug Wiring Question, MS3Pro

Post by dontz125 »

The QuadSparks won't care if you hook them 3+3 or 4+2; the driver channels are independent. What's the firing order?
QuadraMAP Sensor Module -- PWM-to-Stepper Controller -- Dual Coil Driver
Coming soon: OctoMAP Sensor Module
TTR Ignition Systems
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

The QuadSparks won't care but the ECU must be wired such that the first 6 channels are used (A to F). The way you have them there won't work for a 6 cylinder. You can have A-C to one QuadSpark and D-F to the other one or you can have A-D and E-F or whatever combination is more practical to you as long as you use outputs A to F.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum
nkowi
MS/Extra Newbie

Post by nkowi »

Thanks, Jean. I was about to respond that I had used outputs A-F but figured I might as well double check. As you already knew, I hadn't, somehow substituting G for D. If I swap D in for G will that do it? Thanks again for pointing out this glaring error on my part.
racingmini_mtl
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by racingmini_mtl »

As long as you use A-F and wire them to the correct cylinders for your firing order, you'll be ok. So yeah, use D and not G.

Jean
jbperf.com Main site . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . jbperf.com Forum