MS3PRO Pre-Purchase Questions....

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

TheStapler
Helpful MS/Extra'er

MS3PRO Pre-Purchase Questions....

Post by TheStapler »

Hi, I am about to pull the trigger, and buy a MS3PRO. I know for my current engine, it is way overkill, but I am looking at future proofing my EMS for pretty much any engine I put in this car.

Currently, I have an 85 Mustang GT with an 87 Ford Turbocoupe 2.3T engine, with the T5 transmission. The engine has some upgrades, and mods, so here is my list:
80# high imp injectors
LS2 Truck Coils
Holset HY35

Now, what I am planning on doing... I am looking at replacing the CLT and IAT sensors with the GM ones (I like the weatherpack connectors), but keeping the stock TPS and IAC. I would like to add another air temp sensor (pre intercooler), and eventually some EGT sensors (maybe 1 per cylinder, and then post turbo?), and with that, would I need another module? I have an Innovate LC2 wideband, and all my gauges are Speedhut Revolution gauges, so I would love to be able to monitor/datalog the fuel pressure, oil temp, and oil pressure as well (should I be able to split the signal?), and for the big one... the transmission has VSS as well, can I add that as well?

I've also been reading though a few things, and I think that I can also have some outputs, to turn on a CEL, turn off the alternator under certain conditions and turn on a light? as well as the rad fan control. I also want to have launch control, boost control, table switching as well.

Do I have enough I/O to support this list? Is there anything else I should be looking at adding? am I wishing for too much?

Thanks!
Paul_VR6
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3PRO Pre-Purchase Questions....

Post by Paul_VR6 »

You have enough for everything but the 5x egt. Easiest way to get that is the Can-Egt and can be added later.
-Paul
1992 Corrado SLC 3.6 VR6 11.38@120 - MS3 Pro Ultimate - Microsquirt I/O - Can EGT - Racepak IQ3s
kptuned.com - Megasquirting the World! Megasquirt Sales, Service, Tuning and More!
TheStapler
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: MS3PRO Pre-Purchase Questions....

Post by TheStapler »

Kewl. I am just about ready to make the purchase!