2JZ IACV and MS3pro + Oil/Fuel sensor readings incorrect

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

Coutsi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

2JZ IACV and MS3pro + Oil/Fuel sensor readings incorrect

Post by Coutsi »

Hello,

Problem 1
Steppermotor is not moving at all, funny I´m quite sure that it has worked in the past...

ECU is MS3Pro

Some checks I already have done:
Wiring from ECU OK
Stepper motor OK (it´s original toyota 6-wire unipolar motor), tested it with external battery
Correct pin order in connector OK (using Matt Cramer´s pinout: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 20#p276980)

This thread suggests that is should wire 12V to two middle pins: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 31&t=55882
I´ll test that tomorrow and report back.

Problem 2
Could someone check my Fuel/Oil pressure sensor settings, I´m not getting correct readings on logs/tunerstudio. Oil pressure sensor shows correct values on log, but it doesn´t work for oil pressure input???
I´m using 0-10bar sensor similar to this on both cases:
Last edited by Coutsi on Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Toyota Aristo JZS147
MS3Pro 2JZ-GTE 1127whp @ 2.7bar
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: 2JZ-GTE idle valve, stalling problems when cold

Post by nathaninwa »

Post your tune and a log file. What steps is the iac at when its idling hot?

You should be able to get the idle down more as well. I'm running S1's on mine, there like a 269 cam and I can idle down below 850 pretty solid
Volvo 940, 2jzge, MS3Pro, daily
240Z, 2JZ, MS3Pro boost control
Coutsi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Coutsi »

When hot is sits around 180 (max steps is 248). I will post them next time I´m on garage. I´m running GSC S2 cams and 11:1 CR pistons if that makes any difference. Could you send your tune to me? My email is juho.kallonen( ät )gmail.com.
Toyota Aristo JZS147
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Your operating at the top of the valves resolution. You need to open the blade more,. I like to idle stepper motors in the 50 step range hot, and idle my pwm motors in the 20% range hot. I did install a pwm setup on my 2j tho

I can email my tune later. Won't be much info you can use as I stage over to race fuel so my timing table is to much advanced for pump gas and all my idle stuff is setup for pwm
Coutsi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Coutsi »

If you have PWM setup in your 2JZ then its whole different case and wont help with my stepper motor settings. I already have Bosch PWM idle valve on the shelf, but before I install it I just wanted confirmation that there is no other option. I´m not 100% sure that my hot steps are around 180, if I remember correctly it drops near to 0 after 15min of operation.
Toyota Aristo JZS147
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

Let me take a look. I should have a old tune where I ran the Toyota stepped for about 4 months
Coutsi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Coutsi »

OK, I "figured out" the problem. Steppermotor is not moving at all, funny I´m quite sure that it has worked in the past...

ECU is MS3Pro

Some checks I already have done:
Wiring from ECU OK
Stepper motor OK (it´s original toyota 6-wire unipolar motor), tested it with external battery
Correct pin order in connector OK (using Matt Cramer´s pinout: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 20#p276980)

This thread suggests that is should wire 12V to two middle pins: http://www.msextra.com/forums/viewtopic ... 31&t=55882
I´ll test that tomorrow and report back.

Could someone check my Fuel/Oil pressure sensor settings, I´m not getting correct readings on logs/tunerstudio. Oil pressure sensor shows correct values on log, but it doesn´t work for oil pressure input???
I´m using 0-10bar sensor similar to this on both cases:
Toyota Aristo JZS147
Coutsi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Re: 2JZ IACV and MS3pro + Oil/Fuel sensor readings incorrect

Post by Coutsi »

Wired 12V lines (switched on when ignition is on) to two middle pins in stepper motor, but still no movement. I´m going to send mail directly to DIYautotune about this matter.

I still need comments for Oil/Fuel pressure sensor settings!
Toyota Aristo JZS147
nathaninwa
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by nathaninwa »

I still need to look at your msq, I'm using a similiar sensor for some logging, but can you describe your problem again, you kinda contradict yourself in the description of the problem

You can check the output of the iac wires by turning them into programmable outputs and checking for voltage. On each pair one will be positive switched and the other will be negative switched
Coutsi
Helpful MS/Extra'er

Post by Coutsi »

Fuel pressure shows fuelpress2bar = 1.75 bar or fuelpress1bar = -1.75 bar on tunerstudio depending on selected value. When correct should be 2.75bar.
Oil pressure shows correct value (if measuring unit is assumed to be kPa) in logs but nothing in tunerstudio "oil pressure" menu.

I tested both programmable outputs and didnt get any voltage.
Toyota Aristo JZS147