Ms3Pro 4g63 Weird issues, msq attached

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

TrueStreetTuning
MS/Extra Newbie

Ms3Pro 4g63 Weird issues, msq attached

Post by TrueStreetTuning »

Ok, so I have an ms3pro attached to my 95 Eclipse GST.

Car was running fine, ZERO issues for a few weeks. Decided to upgrade the fuel pump/injectors/regulator as well as loom my wiring since everything seemed fine. Well, upon finishing the fuel upgrades and wiring loom, the car will crank, but will intermittently lose rpm signal. It will go from 0 to 250 or so, then back to 0. I have a relay set to turn on a panel which powers my injectors/coils/ecu/wideband/CAS (This setup was working fine since build, so I'm ignoring it) The only thing wiring wise that changed was that I moved the power for the main relay to the factory fuse box so it wasn't all the way through the car back to the battery, and the ground was moved off of the battery also up towards the relay location. The MS is grounded straight to the battery as well, and power through the panel that comes on via relay.

The MS unit doesn't seem to reset as this is going on, but it does have the delay in the shutdown now, so maybe it is and I'm not seeing it.

No settings were changed AT ALL other than required fuel. If I put the CAS way out of adjustment, the car will run and run badly. Here's the best part, if I adjust it forward where it needs to be to even get close to fixed 10 degrees with the timing light it will die.. Also, when I crank, the fuel pump will kick on and off and on and off, solely because I moved the CAS.

SO, when the CAS is adjusted WAY off, the cranking rpms stay steady. If I adjust it where it's supposed to be, the rpm jumps from 0 to 250 and back and forth, kicking the fuel pump on and off and on and off.

I drove the car earlier today because it seems this issue was fixed. After a hard pull it shut off, and went into this current state.

Also, briefly when I got the car to run way out of wack, I had to add something like 200% to my VE table to get the wideband to read anything but ---...

None of this makes any sense at all to me.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Re: Ms3Pro 4g63 Weird issues, msq attached

Post by Matt Cramer »

Please post a composite log of the RPM problem and a conventional data log of an attempted start. This will give me more to go on.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X
TrueStreetTuning
MS/Extra Newbie

Here's a log of the starting state, and the resetting state, named accordingly. Along with datalogs to go side by side. The starts log has a reset at the end of it but it's only because i moved the CAS to try to get it to actually stay running. WHen it starts it's really rough because the timing is way off.

Thanks Matt
TrueStreetTuning
MS/Extra Newbie

Didn't look like the log came through.
TrueStreetTuning
MS/Extra Newbie

Still at a loss here. Nothing changed, now it won't run. Keeps kicking fuel pump on and off, because rpm is working, then not, then working.. Makes no sense to me. Ready to set fire to the car at this point. Starting to wonder if the ms3pro is broken.
Matt Cramer
Super MS/Extra'er

Post by Matt Cramer »

It's missing the CMP signal completely. Check the pull-up resistor and make sure nothing is wrong with the CAS.
Matt Cramer -1966 Dodge Dart slant six running on MS3X