Spartan 2 Wideband Calibration

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

hiltonlo05
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Spartan 2 Wideband Calibration

Post by hiltonlo05 »

Looking for help with Spartan 2 wideband calibration using their built in sequencer for those familiar with the setup. I'm using two separate controllers, one for each bank of a V8. Using MS3 with expansion. Using EGO and EGO2 inputs respectively.

Both controllers are powered 12v from the same relay, power ground to the same bolt on the intake/head as my other main grounds, and using a common sensor ground wire back to the MS3. AFR calibration in TS set to 0v=10AFR 5v=20AFR

During the first 5 seconds of power up, in tunerstudio AFR1=13.1, AFR2=13.2. 14point7 says this value should be 13.3, my values seem plausible.
During the 5-10 seconds after power up, AFR1 floats around from 13.7 to 14.6 then down to 14.2-14.4. AFR2=instantly snaps to 16.6, 14point7 says it should be 16.7, seems plausible on AFR2

So the problem is that AFR1 floats around over a wide range that is no where near what it "should" be, the Spartan 2 should be commanding a specific non-moving AFR. Is this a wiring issue or do you guys think I'm working with a defected Spartan 2. Previously had an Autometer Wideband setup thru the EGO wire and it more less seemed to read close except horrible latency compared to the physical gauge in my car, but this doesn't necessarily rule out the EGO wire as being at fault.

Any theories or advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks
hiltonlo05
Experienced MS/Extra'er

Re: Spartan 2 Wideband Calibration

Post by hiltonlo05 »

I swapped the ego and ego 2 pins around in the underhood metripack for the two Spartans controllers...the problem stayed with Afr1 so that rules out the Spartans I guess. Next I'll try pulling a seperate wire for ego back close to the db37 connector at the ecm. If that doesn't solve it I'm worried it could be a problem inside the ecm case.