98 Eclipse GST MS3x 4g63T problems

General support questions and announcements for MS3. See also MS3 manuals.

Moderators: jsmcortina, muythaibxr

DSM_2g
MS/Extra Newbie

98 Eclipse GST MS3x 4g63T problems

Post by DSM_2g »

Hi, i'm having troubles to get my car starting using stock harness.

Setup is
box is set up as https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tec ... your-4g63/ for MS3x
Sequential injector / wasted spark
CKP input to VR circuit with 1k ohm resistor

If i follow the Electrical diagram from Mitsubishi the ground for CKP sensor should be Pin 13. However when connected i get no signal to my MS3-

If i run a wire from ground on the sensor to CKP input to MS i get signal in TS but it's very noisy " unshielded ground cable from engine to shielded cable in MS piggy harness.

Also i'm wondering if i could use Alternator control in MS3/MS3x to control the voltage regulator or should i use piggyback and let the stock ECU control this?

I cannot Attach a Datalog or MSQ becuase the computer with that stuff is in my shop.

Best Regards
Last edited by DSM_2g on Mon May 09, 2016 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSM_2g
MS/Extra Newbie

Re: 98 Eclipse GST MS3x 4g63T problems

Post by DSM_2g »

SO after some extending research and troubleshooting. i think there are some troubles with my board.

I get a very intermittent signal from the CAS every 5 seconds bt no crank or RPM signal. I.E Not syncing.

I'm sharing the cables from my stock ECU and everything else works fine, all the sensor and everything works like a champ.

I'm thinking of ordering a ms1 v.357 and ask DIYautotune if they could prepare the board for 4g63 CKP and CMP input and then i could just switch out the processor board to my MS3x, do the necesseary jumper mods for stepper IAC. and calibrate the resistor to get a tach signal?

FYI I bought the V3.0 board second hand it's pretty messed up so i think the previous owner has not been so easy on the solder iron.